Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Watson doesn't win Heisman, I will lose all respect for this award as it has become a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

If Watson doesn't win Heisman, I will lose all respect for this award as it has become a

Dec 10, 2016, 11:40 AM

Bias popularity vote fueled by media. It's pretty bad he got stiffed on the award last year and showed who the real Heisman was in the championship. Now this year he does the same thing with the #2-3 strongest schedule in the nation and winning head to head against Lamar Jackson. Louisville schedule wasnt as strong either. Add in the fact his coaches kept him in the game in the 4th quarters against run away teams and of course he will have good numbers. I honestly thought this award was for more than just happy stats and popularity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? I want Watson and bet on Watson, but...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:42 AM

it's not like L Jackson isn't deserving as well. If Watson wins I get 2k, but I still don't think it is a farce if L Jackson wins it, even though I think Watson is also deserving. You're too biased possibly.

Re: Why? I want Watson and bet on Watson, but...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:47 AM

They hate Lamar that much...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Why? I want Watson and bet on Watson, but... ]

No I'm on point. Possibly you don't know as much about Lamar Jackson as the rest of us. Have you seen him talk? He's an immature idiot just like his coach. You will see it when he wins and has to do a speech. He is a good player but GREAT players carry your team to victory. NOT GET SLAUTERED BY HOUSTON

Is your argument really

Dec 10, 2016, 12:05 PM

He doesn't speak well. Yikes...

That game was Houston's season. They knew their coach was one foot out the door. Does Deshaun's loss against Pittsburgh mean he is not a GREAT player?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know as much about him as everyone else.

Dec 10, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? I want Watson and bet on Watson, but... ]

Most people disagree with you by the way, outside of some of us who are Clemson fans pulling for Watson. I am not sure if how well spoken he is, is much of a factor when they choose the Heisman. I haven't heard that part of it, nor have I ever herd anyone using that as a factor to decide their Heisman vote. Watson would be a way better representative without question. That part is a given. He is one of a kind. As far as football goes though, L Jackson is not a joke on the field. He is debatably as deserving as anyone. I would have voted for Watson obviously, but it's not a complete sham with L Jackson winning.

heard*****

Dec 10, 2016, 12:07 PM

dude, we have had players that aren't the best speakers...

Dec 10, 2016, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? I want Watson and bet on Watson, but... ]

so you can't knock him for that. CJ wasn't so good at interviews his first two seasons. Kind of cruel to bash a college kid adjusting to national fame. From everything that is known, Jackson is a good kid

Dec 10, 2016, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? I want Watson and bet on Watson, but... ]

We all need to stop assuming that people with different dialects are less intelligent. The same logic has often been used against southerners.

Dec 10, 2016, 4:40 PM

Absolutely, I've seen that mistake made about CDS. The tendency is to underestimate the person, until it comes back to bite you in the end.

wow! Logic much?***

Dec 10, 2016, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Why? I want Watson and bet on Watson, but... ]

Huh?******

Dec 10, 2016, 3:13 PM

1014 yrds rushing, 15 rush tds. Great numbers for a RB.

Dec 10, 2016, 1:15 PM

Thats 1014yrds more than DW and 15 rush tds more than DW. Total was like 1500 and 21. Its pretty amazing.
While I think the level of competition should come in to play (DW played better Ds) i also have to concede he has better talent around him than LJ.
DW is my guy, but you can't fault an LJ win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I lost respect for it when Winston and Manziel won it..

Dec 10, 2016, 1:32 PM

They claim you have to have a good character as part of the criteria. It was well known both of those guys were huge scumbags. Watson should win it easily, but it wouldn't be as ridiculous as when Winston and Manziel won it. Jackson has no known character issues. It become a joke to me once ESPN was able to basically decide who wins it by pumping up certain players and ignoring others.

^-----THIS and the media ruined what once was THE

Dec 10, 2016, 1:36 PM

greatest honor

My respect, which I know is coveted, was lost when Spiller want even

Dec 10, 2016, 1:35 PM

invited....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My respect, which I know is coveted, was lost when Spiller want even

Dec 10, 2016, 1:36 PM

^^^ wasn't....^^^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peyton Manning says hi***

Dec 10, 2016, 1:37 PM

Peyton Manning says hi***

Dec 10, 2016, 1:37 PM

Re: If Watson doesn't win Heisman, I will lose all respect for this award as it has become a

Dec 10, 2016, 2:25 PM

Winston winning told me everything I needed to know about the Heisman..

Re: If Watson doesn't win Heisman, I will lose all respect for this award as it has become a

Dec 10, 2016, 2:29 PM

Cj Spiller wasn't "well spoken" either but I bet that wasn't a big deal to you....

Two of The Last 4 Heisman Trophy Winners are

Dec 10, 2016, 3:18 PM

Johnny Manziel and Jameis Winston.

From the Heisman Trophy Website:
awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

This snub will be the final nail in the coffin - FOR ME.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That is funny. Yeah they need to reread that before voting****

Dec 10, 2016, 3:33 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic