Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What about Baker Mayfield
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,129

What about Baker Mayfield

Dec 10, 2016, 8:53 AM

Makes me want to punch him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about Baker Mayfield

Dec 10, 2016, 8:59 AM

Don't you think Boulware hurt him enough? :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here.

Dec 10, 2016, 9:02 AM

His stats are amazing. Watching him in that Ok State game, I kept wanting him to throw a bad pass, but he lit up that secondary...and the long balls were picture perfect. I'm pretty sure Big 12 defenses are not super challenging.

If he wins it, I'll just believe that he has nightmares of BB10 every time he closes his eyes. Yep, Baker. Our Ben LOVES you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the perma-stubble doesn't help matters

Dec 10, 2016, 9:06 AM

congrats, Baker, you can grow a beard. Along with 99% of the male human species over the age of 20. We're impressed.

Now, go clean up.

Could it be the smart ### expression that is always on

Dec 10, 2016, 9:07 AM

his face? The feeling is then exacerbated when he opens his mouth and starts talking about how great he is.

You don't like his middle name which is Reagan?

Dec 10, 2016, 9:37 AM

He leads his team by being a bit more demonstrative than others. So he is willing to give a sound bite.

Here is an interesting Wiki nugget that may be German to some:. Mayfield began his college football career as a walk-on player for the Texas Tech Red Raiders. He is notable for being the first walk-on true freshman to start a season opener at a BCS school.[2]

Knew he had walked on but didn't know he was the 1st QB walk on to start at a major school as a walk on. That seems a bit far fetched but even if not true, doesn't happen often so I think the guy just has a chip on his shoulder from not getting the offers in high school.

Guy is just really confident in himself and it has worked out. Wiki had other things I had forgotten about his career.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic