Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't know about you but I'd rather DW
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,315

I don't know about you but I'd rather DW

Dec 9, 2016, 12:49 PM

not win the Heisman and go low in the draft and instead lead us to the Nat'l Championship and go on to a huge NFL career, making tons of money and continuing to be a great representative of Clemson.

Granted, I'd rather him accomplish everything - Heisman, high draft choice, Natty, and NFL career - but looking at past Heisman winners and high draft choices, those are no guarantee of anything.

He's not just an outstanding player, but he's an outstanding person, and I truly hope the best for him in everything he does, but if it comes down to Heisman and high draft choice OR Natty winner and NFL starter, I'd take the latter two!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I am greedy, I want it all for him. BUT, HE IS WHAT

Dec 9, 2016, 1:01 PM

THE HEISMAN AWARD DEFINES. In every way, every day, DW4 represents all that is good in college football. The only complaint I have ever heard is that he celebrates too much, and that was freaking coots crying. Looking up the Heisman in the dictionary should have his picture there. I may live 10 thousand years and never see another combination of person, student, athlete and leader that embodies what this trophy is supposed to represent like Mr. Watson. It will be a tragedy of human kind if he doesn't win it. He deserved to win it last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess I am greedy, I want it all for him. BUT, HE IS WHAT

Dec 9, 2016, 1:09 PM

I agree with him not winning the Heisman as well. IMO the award has lost it's luster and now has a "bought" feel to it. To me, the O'brien award is more telling...the BEST QB in the country. The Heisman often times is the most popular or flavor of the week player at the time.

I, too am selfish and don't want DW4 waisting time and energy with the circus that comes with the Heisman. That's the fan in me lol.

Either way he's more than deserving for any of the awards. Go Tigers!

Re: I guess I am greedy, I want it all for him. BUT, HE IS WHAT

Dec 9, 2016, 2:25 PM [ in reply to I guess I am greedy, I want it all for him. BUT, HE IS WHAT ]

I agree. I want it all for him. He deserves it. But I will take him having a very successful NFL career.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree to alot of things here.

Dec 9, 2016, 2:06 PM

If we are gonna base it off what the Heisman should be about, DW4 would have it running away. He put solid #'s against a pretty solid slate of competition, he doesn't get overwhelmed in the moment - he doesn't go overboard on the highs, he seldom gets shaken during the lows. & he cares about the team effort. DW has said plenty of times he'd rather lead the team to a championship over winning the Heisman. He shouldered blame to take the pressure off teammates even when he didn't need to b/c he embraces his role as a leader on this team.

Jackson is a very good talent & can't take away from what he did, but his results came against mostly weaker competition & he stayed in some of those games a bit longer than he should've. When they met on the field, DW got the win. & down the stretch, DW rose up, overcame adversity, & led his team to an ACC championship & CFP appearance. LJ faltered & his team did as well. As much as I want DW to win, I believe that alot of ppl made up their minds along time ago & that LJ is gonna win the award.

Despite that, I can honestly say that I'd rather have Deshaun Watson as our QB over any e else in the country. I'm one fan that will be forever grateful for his representation of & contributions to Clemson. I hope DW4 ends this year lifting the CFP championship trophy & goes on to a long career after his time in Clemson is done.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the fact of matter is though that he's the best player in

Dec 9, 2016, 2:12 PM

country and he plays for Clemson. For him, for the school, and for all things decent. He shouldn't be side-swiped by someone who didn't prove that they were the best. LJ put 8 TD's on UNCC for goodness sakes. You can't count that crap can you? UNCC has only had a football program for 2 years

If the best player is supposed to win then DW should get it. Otherwise we're just crowning some dude who proved absolutely nothing except make circus plays. But can't win big games. He got one FSU. But he had two more tough defenses and lost both plus another. DW lost a game but put up 588 yards of offense in the loss. Did jackson have 500 yards against us or houston?

but heres the kicker. One of these guys has a conf champ and is in the playoff. One didn't convert when his team needed it.

Heisman goes to the all around best.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,315
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic