Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaching carousel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,466

Coaching carousel

Dec 9, 2016, 1:36 AM

Any word on any of our assistant coaches potentially leaving after the season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Dec 9, 2016, 1:38 AM

Hth

Yes***

Dec 9, 2016, 1:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes***

Dec 9, 2016, 1:42 AM

Who?

I'm going to take "none" and you can have the field...

Dec 9, 2016, 1:53 AM

sucker's bet.

Re: Coaching carousel

Dec 9, 2016, 6:33 AM

I know Ga State hired that bonehead from cootsville Shaun Elliott. I hope everybody at Clemson stays. Clemson is a great place to coach and IMO their is more to life and coaching than being a head coach. Your rarely see a group of coaches stay together like we have at Clemson. I am very grateful to all of the athletic staff for their hard word and dedication to our program.

At CU there is family, stability and a great program to work for. And all of our coaches deserve a nice raise for getting back in the playoffs for a 2nd straight year. Why would want to leave an elite program with so much potential ahead.

You have a HC at Clemson with honesty, character and integrity. So why take the risk? We at Clemson are very fortunate our coaches built the program the right way.

To me it's a blind leap to become a head coach in today's world of college football. Sometimes the school is not completely honest with you until you have signed that contract. Then they drop the hammer down. I believe now more than ever Can Newton's family profited handsomely from his days at Auburn.

I read an article about Terry Bowden's first day at Auburn he was given a black note book by one of the Asst coaches Bowden kept of staff. The asst coach told him In that book was a list of players and how much Auburn was paying them. Bowden was shocked but what could he do. He had just moved his family to Auburn. A job he thought was his dream job. As competitive as CF is today if I were at a place like Clemson I would stay earn a good living in one of the best areas in the country.

In Terry B's defense he made it clear from his first day forward no more incoming players would be paid. I think in the end he was forced to resign so Auburn could do business as usual.

This is my opinion based on a very credible sports article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2016, 7:41 AM

Do you have a link to the article?

Dec 9, 2016, 7:46 AM

Not my post, but I saw the same article.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-terry-bowden-admits-to-paying-players-at-auburn/

Dec 9, 2016, 12:17 PM

Nope, but the coot's stud coaching staff just took a hit.

http://www.11alive.com/mb/sports/georgia-state-will-hire-sec-assistant-coach-to-head-panthers/366385990

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like how the headline says SEC and not SCar assistant...

Dec 9, 2016, 12:22 PM

They know nobody would click on the story with SCar in the headline lol

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,466
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic