Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An Open Letter to DW4...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

An Open Letter to DW4...

Dec 8, 2016, 8:23 PM

Dear Mr. Watson,

Congrats on your back-to-back Davey O'Brien Awards. What an accomplishment, and well deserved. The Clemson community couldn't be more proud to have you as a flagship representation of the university.

The Clemson Family owes you a debt of gratitude. One that likely can't be repaid no matter how hard it tries. You have been the ambassador for Clemson in your three short years, that most people could only hope to be in their lifetimes. And, I think I speak for all Tigers when I say, I know this is only the beginning of your lifetime honorably and actively representing The Paw, and all things Clemson.

There's this ceremony Saturday night. And brother...am I ever pulling for you. All of Clemson Nation is. But remember this Mr. Watson...you don't need a pose, you don't need a TD celebration, you don't need a named trophy to be deserving of the admiration you'll always get from the Clemson faithful. And, you never will need any of those things.

You've earned that admiration not only on, but off the field. You've persevered through the obstacles life has thrown at you, and you've excelled as a football player...but mostly, you've excelled as a man, as a human. You've given inspiration to people, and joy to many.

You will always be a Tiger Deshaun. You have earned the right, maybe more than any before you, to don The Paw. I wanted to type this now, before the trophy, before the postseason games, before you take your next step in the journey called life, to tell you that no matter what happens...thank you young man, it's been so much fun.

All The Best,

CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An Open Letter to DW4...

Dec 8, 2016, 8:27 PM

Excellent post. I second everything you wrote!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 8:29 PM

So well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 8:33 PM

Nice words

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent Letter! Thank You DW4 we are better because of

Dec 8, 2016, 8:43 PM

You coming to Clemson! Nothing but the best for you and your Family in the future!!!!!!!!! And 2 Thumbs up to the Author!

Dec 8, 2016, 8:46 PM

Well done! You are right, that is exactly how I feel.

The Tigers family will always have love for DW4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't read Tigerbored but I'll email it to him for you***

Dec 8, 2016, 8:57 PM

Dec 8, 2016, 9:17 PM

Outstanding letter & I second all comments. Let's all put our stamp of approval on it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spoke for me and quite well... +1.***

Dec 8, 2016, 9:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 9:24 PM

Agree 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 9:27 PM

Thank you, you said it perfectly. Have so much admiration for him. The shine on the trophies will tarnish but we'll never forget the hours of enjoyment he's given us.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:36 PM

Please do get it to him and please let him know just how much love he's been given on TNet.

Thanks for writing this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outstanding! Very true and well written words! Pure class.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:36 PM

??

Dec 9, 2016, 9:22 AM

well stated. hope he reads this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2016, 9:33 AM

What a young man , what a player!
Just think of all the set backs he had as an 18 yr old kid his first full year on campus.
He not once complained about the hand he was dealt.
He just worked hard and took CLEMSON to places it's never been before.
I know he has said he had goals coming into his college career.
The 2 biggest winning the Heisman and the NC are ones I certainly hope he gets.
He can Check the Heisman even if he doesn't win it Sat because we all know he deserves it.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic