Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was Sean Elliott encouraged to find another job?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Was Sean Elliott encouraged to find another job?

Dec 8, 2016, 6:14 PM

He was regularly vilified this season for the perceived under performance of the offensive line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mean like his wife insisted he find a better job?***

Dec 8, 2016, 6:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Was Sean Elliott encouraged to find another job?

Dec 8, 2016, 6:47 PM

He got a bump up from $350K to $525K per the articles released, so he is making a good bit more money. It's also no secret he aspired to be a head coach and Georgia State is indeed an FCS-level head-coaching gig, albeit a lower-tier one.

He was also the only one of Spurrier's staff who had much credibility remaining among local high-school coaches; several of Spurrier's guys - especially Whammy and Spurrier Junior - had made a lot of enemies with some fast-and-loose promises they made to recruits over the years, and there were some utterly pointless jerk moves mixed in with all that...but most I knew still did respect Elliott.

I very much doubt the OL will improve a whole lot, though. That cupboard was largely empty except for Zach Bailey...which I suppose doesn't speak overly well of Elliott, but if nobody was helping him recruit from Spurrier's staff all he could do is work his assigned territory and watch his talent level dwindle. And it's no secret most of Spurrier's staff largely shut it down as far as recruiting went the last two years of his tenure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They finally have a stadium in Atlanta at

Dec 8, 2016, 7:22 PM

Turner Field this year and he will bring a ton of energy to the program. I think it's a pretty good hire.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic