Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback

Dec 8, 2016, 12:46 PM

Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback

Hunter Johnson has a busy month ahead of him, but he isn’t letting the award circuit, official visits or all-star games get in the way of his goal of being the starting quarterback at Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback

Dec 8, 2016, 1:23 PM

Next 2-3 years are going to be interesting with Bryant, Cooper, Brice, and Johnson with the potential introduction of Lawrence. I'd be amazed if no one transfers.

Re: New Story: Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback

Dec 8, 2016, 4:42 PM

Clemson has more stars than the Milky Way galaxy!

Dec 8, 2016, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback ]

Someone will transfer. I would put money on it, if I was a betting man...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 7:58 PM

I sure as h&ll wouldn't bet against you. At some descent schools, any of them will be ready to go in and start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback ]

Well don't get to amazed bc, one maybe two will hit the high road looking for a team needing a talented QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 1:30 PM

My hope is that Z.Cooper is the real deal and an accurate passer and give this kid time to figure out college life. That being said if he can grab the bull by the horns we can ride that arm for a few years. I just don't think the other guys on the roster give us a chance.

Dec 8, 2016, 1:37 PM

What makes you say the other QB;s don't give us a chance? What is that based on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 2:25 PM

Bryant has a long way to go in terms of throwing the ball if he wants to win the starting job, but he'll be given every opportunity to do so. He and Cooper get a leg up on the freshmen because they'll be here for bowl practice.

If Brice is also enrolling in January I think he has a good chance to compete, but if he's not here till the summer/fall he'll be behind the 8-ball.

Dec 8, 2016, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Busy month doesn't deter 5-star's quest for role as starting quarterback ]

Bryant is not a very accurate passer but a very good runner. I do like Tucker Israel as a passer he is just not got the height. Maybe I should just hush my mouth and let it all play out. I wish them all the best. Go Tigers!

Dec 8, 2016, 1:38 PM

What a fantastic "problem" for Clemson to have. If Johnson or Cooper emerge and play extremely well next season, do we lose Lawrence ? Like I said, it's a great problem to ponder considering the alternative

Dec 8, 2016, 1:41 PM

I look forward to watching him play for us!!

Dec 8, 2016, 2:13 PM

Don't forget about Chase Brice 4 star from Grayson Ga. He is a four year starter at Grayson and will be playing for a State Championship in 7A football at the Georgia Dome this Sat night. He has over 2600 yards passing and 30 TD passes this year. And only 2 int. I think the Coaches and fans are going to be happy when he gets there and competes. Last week he had 294 yards and 4 TD passes in the semi game. Grayson is ranked number 4 in the Nation!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Tucker Israel?

Dec 8, 2016, 2:29 PM

He pretty much never gets mentioned in the QB conversation anymore. What is the consensus as to whether he will transfer or be moved to another position? I don't think he will crack the 3-deep at this point. I know his injury set him back and it seems like he hasn't really come back from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about Tucker Israel?

Dec 8, 2016, 3:10 PM

Tucker has seemed to get lost in the crowd. Brice may he the best QB besides Lawrence but I don't see us taking him from UGA with the stable of QBs we have. I just hope Deshaun hasn't spoiled us! It may be that we could have three special QBs but if they aren't comparible with DW4 we may not be satisfied. It's a good problem to have.

UGA is loaded at QB***

Dec 8, 2016, 5:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA is loaded at QB***

Dec 8, 2016, 5:51 PM

So is Clemson

(A Little Long) True but the Mutts

Dec 8, 2016, 6:49 PM

have one 2017 commit at WR so far, Mark Webb. At 6'2" and nearly 200lbs he's probably gonna be solid; but, Webb ain't Tee Higgins add a bulked up D Overton, C Powell, D Cain, TJ Chase (don't forget that bad***), Ray Ray, Amari Rodgers (next year, too)... combine that with our current TEs - Milan Richard, Garrett Williams, Cannon Smith, Shadell Bell and JC Chalk, to boot...RBs out the ol' wazoo with C Richardson on the way and, hopefully, Z White. We will take at least 2 mighty WRs in 2018 and a TE. That's truly an embarrassment of riches.
Of course, Lawrence will be great no matter where he goes. A #1 recruit overall at QB is a lock for stardom barring injuries or bad choices of the field (highly improbable). Doubtless, he's gonna shine, but those rattling donkeys ain't close in talent or coaching. Plus, he loves CU, Dabo and our culture. Who wouldn't? Fools, I say! That's who.
In state tradition is a draw; but, at this time, I consider Bama our stiffest competition. A QB there decided to transfer as of yesterday. Hurt will be a junior before Lawrence plays a down. Bama also has 2017 12th overall 5* WR Jerry Jeudy coming in, too; but Bama's offensive style does not seem to hold the same allure that Clemson does.

I think T Lawrence is a Tiger.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: (A Little Long) True but the Mutts

Dec 8, 2016, 7:40 PM

I certainly hope Lawrence comes to Clemson but living here among all of these Mutt fans, they think he's a lock to Ga. I have to think so too. He isALWAYS in Athens. How many games did he attend this year in the Valley? He was constantly been on the local sports sites as being attending games in Athens and I never hear of him in CLEMSON. That leads me to think he's a Bulldog. He can also step on campus and start their bowl game if it was allowed. There is a TON of talent in Clemson . He would have to EARN his job at Clemson. Like I said, I hope he's a tiger in y heart but my gut tells me he's a bulldog.

Lawrence Ain't Afeared of No Competition

Dec 8, 2016, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: What about Tucker Israel? ]

and I just don't see him on that Bulldog train wreck.
Smart appears to be cut straight from the mold of SEC DCs turned head coaches. Muschamp being the shining example of that experiment turned debacle.
Bad hire, Mutts!
All of Smart's recruits are belong to us.
Lawrence is gonna be a Tiger.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: Lawrence Ain't Afeared of No Competition

Dec 9, 2016, 9:59 AM

anyone playing QB knows the system. there is only one man at the time. Of course they all think they can be the man. Question is are they willing to redshirt and maybe only have a 0ne or two year career? time will tell bbut don't think these guuys don't know what they are getting into.

What position could Tucker Israel move to?*****

Dec 8, 2016, 3:28 PM [ in reply to What about Tucker Israel? ]

Starting quarterback decision

Dec 8, 2016, 3:03 PM

More trouble for Dabo...I hope that he realizes early on that Bryant cannot throw well enough to be our QB. We need to find another place to use Kelly to our advantage. Dabo is stubborn--remember how he touted Stoudt and was loyal to him to a fault. I get that the guy(s) that have been in the system longest get preference, but only if they can do the job. I do not look forward to Dabo sorting this out quickly enough and, unfortunately, blowing smoke about it to us fans.

Let me put this as nicely as possible..

Dec 8, 2016, 6:03 PM

You don't know what the heck you're talking about. Dabo has elevated himself to one of the top 3 coaches in America, and you don't get there making bad decisions. We may not be as good at the QB position initially next year, but it won't because Dabo doesn't pick the best guy to start. Cole Stoudt started in 2014 because he was experienced, and Watson was a true freshman with zero snaps. He had to work his way into college and the position, and he did. By the way, can you remind me who was coach and who was quarterback when we beat Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.. and cemented the foundation of our surge to an elite program? Elite programs don't arise from coaches who don't know what they're doing. Please stop with your nonsense, Mr 58%.

Re: Let me put this as nicely as possible..

Dec 8, 2016, 6:44 PM

I agree that excellent recruiting has given us a stable of quality quarterbacks. We didn't have this luxury at the start of 2014 as you've pointed out. If not for Waston getting hurt in the Ga. Tech game, Stoudt probably wouldn't have started another game that year. But the guy did redeem his self against Oklahoma. Glad he went out on a high note.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting quarterback decision

Dec 8, 2016, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Starting quarterback decision ]

Give Dabo a call and let him know what he needs to do. I'm surprised he hasn't already called you for help.

Dec 8, 2016, 3:52 PM

I am from the Charelston area BONNEAU and I have seen Daekron Joyner play a few times. I know he's in the next class but I would love for Clemson to land him. What a great football player. Really think he would excel at Clemson. If not at QB maybe safety.

Part of TNet rationale for DW winning Heisman has taught me who should start

Dec 8, 2016, 5:52 PM

Some of the reasons I've seen for DW over LJ is head record, Championships, and team's record.

Once that info is taken into account, you will have your starter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Streeter just happened to swing by Indiana lol***

Dec 8, 2016, 6:31 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic