Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kiffin HC Houston
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Kiffin HC Houston

Dec 8, 2016, 8:05 AM

Good luck w that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done deal now? Haven't seen it announced.***

Dec 8, 2016, 8:07 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kiffin HC Houston

Dec 8, 2016, 8:10 AM

Wow I thought it was Lincoln Riley'a job to lose! But based on the Twitterverse this morning, looks like you're right!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 8:11 AM

It's on football scoop as confirmed. They normally are pretty accurate

Dec 8, 2016, 8:26 AM

Glad Washington plays Bama firat, since this is going down; gives us some game tape on what whoever is calling plays will look like. Our winnimg the NC odds just went up, imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 8:53 AM

I imagine he will finish the season out with Bama...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 8, 2016, 9:28 AM

Not likely, he has a lot of things to get in order in Houston. Never a good idea to put your future on the back-burner for someone else's present. Signing day is three weeks from the NC and is why every coach hired elsewhere is missing at the school they just got hired away from in that school's bowl game.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:37 AM

He will manage both jobs, just like Herman and Smart did the previous two years. No way he leaves with bama in the middle of the national championship race. It's not like bama is playing in the outback bowl.

If I was Houston, I'd want him now. Bama has Sarkisian in

Dec 8, 2016, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Kiffin HC Houston ]

the family already knowing that Kiffin was likely leaving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he will most likely remain OC

Dec 8, 2016, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Kiffin HC Houston ]

through the game, just like Herman dos when OSU was in CFP or like Kirby Smart last year.

Re: he will most likely remain OC

Dec 8, 2016, 9:29 AM

Forgot about them, however, I don't think there is as much love there from Kiffin to Saban as the others that you mentioned.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Kiffin HC Houston ]

YOU MEAN THE football scoop site that had cobb oxford as the next coach at north greenville. that football scoop. lol

Dec 8, 2016, 8:15 AM

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/806843676248997889

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If true, it's a decent move for him.

Dec 8, 2016, 8:23 AM

Houston has plenty of money and they are used to winning, so they will do what it takes resource-wise to keep that going. And given Kiffin's reputation issues, it gives him a chance to show he can be an effective HC until a major school decides it wants to take a chance on him.

Win-win IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ten

Dec 8, 2016, 8:52 AM

Why not...He could be at Houston for a year and then go back to Tenn for a year when Butch Jones is fired next year..They love him there!!! He could be the Larry Brown of football.

Dec 8, 2016, 8:25 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2016/12/08/lane-kiffin-hired-houston-cougars/95128236/

Dec 8, 2016, 10:01 AM

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/806874533395365888

Dec 8, 2016, 10:03 AM

Dang, I really wanted to see him wreck another storied SEC football program. Houston is fringe enough not to notice.

Link or it didn't happen

Dec 8, 2016, 10:19 AM

Although I would enjoy the trainwreck of another Kiffin HC stint

Re: Link or it didn't happen

Dec 8, 2016, 10:30 AM

http://wate.com/2016/12/08/university-of-houston-wants-lane-kiffin-to-be-next-head-coach/

looks like its just about a done deal.

Dec 8, 2016, 12:36 PM

I always kind da like Houston and pulled for them.....but Lane is another story.

Dec 8, 2016, 1:38 PM

I have no idea whatsoever why anyone would want Lane Kiffin.

Yes, he's a good offensive mind and playcaller, seems to be able to develop - to a point - a QB.

Other than that, you've already got three absolutely disasterous stops as a HC that definitively indicate he is NOT what you want as your HC. He has character issues, he has leadership issues, he has problems relating to any kind of interaction, in fact, with other human beings.

Put him in a strong system with a strong leader over him, sure, he's a good OC, or at least he was with the 5-star talent he had at Alabama and before that Southern Cal. But you Peter Principle him out the second you promote him to the Big Chair and I have no idea why employers with millions in hand aren't smart enough to see that.

I think he would be a bad hire for Oregon, Baylor, etc, but

Dec 8, 2016, 1:42 PM

he's fine for Houston. Things certainly have the potential to go south with him, but he also has the highest upside of anybody that they can realistically hire. If he's matured a bit over the last ~5 years and things work out there, Houston will get another 2-3 years of being an elite G5 team and that might help them get the jump up to P5 that they really want.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic