Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When spring practice starts there will be exactly one QB on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,699

When spring practice starts there will be exactly one QB on

Dec 6, 2016, 12:18 PM

camppus who has taken a snap in a college game, Kelly Bryant. Who exactly did you expect Dabo to say would be the starter heading into spring ball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot about Tucker...***

Dec 6, 2016, 12:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm, last time I checked DW4 has taken many snaps

Dec 6, 2016, 12:21 PM

Are you suggesting he's going to transfer or something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: When spring practice starts there will be exactly one QB on

Dec 6, 2016, 12:23 PM

Pretty sure Tucker Israel and James Barnes (?) got reps against SC State but I get your point. KB has many more snaps than everyone else going into next year. Dabo really had no choice. I'm sure if he said it's "up in the air" when asked, it might be discouraging to the ones returning next year, imo.

There will be lots of questions in the offseason

Dec 6, 2016, 12:26 PM

A very busy offseason for that stuff.

QB? Can Bryant actually run the offense, will Johnson play? Will Zerrick Cooper be ready?

Can the RBs be productive and someone separate themselves?

Will we have. TE to fill Leggetts shoes? I feel good about WR but not so much about a QB getting them the ball.

Dec 6, 2016, 12:27 PM

We open the season next year against a non-power 5.. so Zerrick/Kelly/Hunter will have one tuneup/film review game before Auburn. We will have plenty of talent, just need to get some experience rolling.

Dec 6, 2016, 12:40 PM

I would rather us settle on one guy and not try to run some two QB system. Didn't work with Stoudt and Deshaun and typically means we don't have a true #1.

If all is even between the 3 I suspect we will probably go with Cooper or Johnson

We may end up playing two quarterbacks in the early part

Dec 6, 2016, 12:43 PM

of the season next year to give teams a little extra to prepare for with Kelly Bryant and maybe Zerrick Cooper or Hunter Johnson etc. who can throw it better as nobody may be a clear number one quarterback.

We've been lucky these last two years to have such a great quarterback, but when Boyd left, we struggled to settle on a replacement for the early part of the season. I could see that happening again next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We may end up playing two quarterbacks in the early part

Dec 6, 2016, 12:47 PM

I could too. Hopefully someone will emerge as the clear cut starter and play well going forward.

The one caveat being that we have too many outstanding

Dec 6, 2016, 12:50 PM

wide receivers to settle on a running quarterback that can't take advantage of that available skill, so they may err on the side of the better passer eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2016, 12:58 PM

I wonder how many posts about the same thing will be created before end of business today. ??

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic