Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does 5 finalists mean . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,265

Does 5 finalists mean . . .

Dec 6, 2016, 9:50 AM

vote totals were thin between all 5 or just 2, 3, 4, and 5? i.e. did the crowded field hurt the underdog (Deshaun) or front-runner (Lamar) the most?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does 5 finalists mean . . .

Dec 6, 2016, 9:51 AM

Only time will tell!

5 finalists mean espn is trying to attract more

Dec 6, 2016, 9:54 AM

Viewers.

Midwest will watch to see pep

Mid country will watch to see booker.

I'm suprised they put in sooner wr instead of some pac12 dude.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: 5 finalists mean espn is trying to attract more

Dec 6, 2016, 9:58 AM

Booker wont be there. He's in the NBA

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 finalists mean espn is trying to attract more

Dec 6, 2016, 9:58 AM [ in reply to 5 finalists mean espn is trying to attract more ]

Sounds good in theory, but I thought it was totally based on the votes and where the significant drop-off occurred. If that's between 1 and 2, then maybe you're right and they figured might as well invite 4 others since it's not close to begin with. But if it's close between all 5 and the significant drop happens between 5 and 6, then that could also make sense.

With all the love for Lamar

Dec 6, 2016, 10:15 AM

the whole season, I can't imagine the votes between number 1 and 5 are that close. Inviting 5 guys is just wasting 2-3 peoples time.

Dec 6, 2016, 10:30 AM

Agree it's waste their time. Wonder if they'll all go. I really think they did it for hype. Gives tv peeps at games something to talk about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2016, 10:30 AM

minimum of 3 players are invited. After that it is based on how close the votes are for 4 & 5. My guess is we have Watson, Jackson and three players who are very close together in votes but no real chance.

null

Dec 6, 2016, 11:28 AM

from what i've read it likely means L won in a landslide because the votes between 2-5 were so varied that they jumbled up. I think that's plausible. Dalvin Cook didn't even make the top 5, and you could make the easy argument he should be 2nd or 3rd.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,265
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic