Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats on the championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Congrats on the championship

Dec 5, 2016, 12:30 AM

Just got home a little while ago from the trip. It was a hard-fought game, but you guys prevailed as expected. I'm glad we showed some fight. I was really worried on 4th down when it was 14-0 that the game was on its way to becoming a 56-7 type blowout. And after you guys made it 35-14, I was worried again that we might still lose by 30+ (56-21 or so). Our team really seemed to have grown up from the ND game (the first time we showed fight after getting down).

Good luck in the playoffs and we'll try to rep the ACC in the Belk Bowl and take down one of the SEC's teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fight of your team was impressive. When I walked out of

Dec 5, 2016, 12:35 AM

the National Championship Game last year, my head was high (but my heart hurt!).
I hope y'all did the same and I made a point of speaking kindly to as many VT fans as reasonable last night after the game. Great game, great no quit attitude. Future is bright for Hokies!

But please, can y'all put your keys away. There has to be something better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: The fight of your team was impressive. When I walked out of

Dec 5, 2016, 12:43 AM

> the National Championship Game last year, my head was
> high (but my heart hurt!).
> I hope y'all did the same and I made a point of
> speaking kindly to as many VT fans as reasonable last
> night after the game. Great game, great no quit
> attitude. Future is bright for Hokies!
>
> But please, can y'all put your keys away. There has
> to be something better than that.

Agree with all of this. The fans were great and the game was awesome. I was definitely worried a few times.

And since you're here, why on earth does your band play while y'all are on offense? I was beside your band and they played songs and cheered on every down, no matter who had the ball. I saw several occasions where your band continue making noise even after ours had stopped!

And the Hokie Pokie....

Dec 5, 2016, 8:20 AM

No......just No. This sounds like a threat that might get them kicked out of Charlotte.

Congratulations on winning the Coastal and giving the Tigers

Dec 5, 2016, 12:35 AM

all we could handle in the ACCCG. I think you guys got a great new coach in Justin Fuente. Hope this bowl season the rest of the country sees that ACC football is strong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats on the championship

Dec 5, 2016, 2:38 AM

Thanks for coming back and showing grace in defeat! Fuente & Foster have definitely got something going up there & I fully expect to see y'all again soon. Your team fought hard indeed. The ACC is becoming the conference to beat and I'm happy to see the level of competition increase across the board in both divisions. I hope you guys beat the heck out of Arkansas on 12/29! Happy holidays and good luck

Re: Congrats on the championship

Dec 5, 2016, 3:20 AM

All the best to you and the Hokies. You have a great coach and a growing talent base. Go tear up the SEC in your bowl game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks. VT was impressive.

Dec 5, 2016, 7:56 AM

Good sport for posting after the game. Good luck in your bowl. I think you have a keeper with Fuente.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic