Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My view of Heisman....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

My view of Heisman....

Dec 4, 2016, 4:58 PM

If CJ Spiller didn't warrant even an invite / top 3 finish in the voting, then Lamar should not win it. CJ had crazy stats, was electrifying every time he touched the all, and was always the best player on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The media has completely changed the heisman, even since then...

Dec 4, 2016, 5:02 PM

They drove the campaign so hard for Jackson that it doesn't even seem to matter anymore.

The heisman used to be the most outstanding player in the country. Then it turned into the best player on the best team. Now, it is all about who is the ESPN darling of the year.

It's sad, but true!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When he hurtled the Syrexcuse player, it was over.

Dec 4, 2016, 5:05 PM

Ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: The media has completely changed the heisman, even since then...

Dec 4, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to The media has completely changed the heisman, even since then... ]

Exactly. And despite, by definition, it not being a "statistical award", the only justification given to the front-runner? Their stats.

Re: My view of Heisman....

Dec 4, 2016, 5:05 PM

Just can't imagine anyone other than DW4 winning after this weekend. No one else did good this weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stat Padding

Dec 4, 2016, 5:55 PM

I like how the big defense of Jackson is his numbers and no one mentions the fact that he was left in blow out games. Patrino has no problem making a team look bad and Dabo has a true respect for the game and does not try to demoralize a team just cause he can. If DW4 was left in games like Jackson, I have no doubt that he would have had similar if not better numbers.

Watson's numbers are better in every category except rushing***

Dec 4, 2016, 5:57 PM

Re: Watson's numbers are better in every category except rushing***

Dec 4, 2016, 6:08 PM

They combine the numbers when they talk about Jackson, like he has 51 td's, 4900 total yards compared to dw4 43 tds and 4500 total yards. My point is, they don't compare at all as Jackson was left in blow-outs and watson was pulled early 1st half against scst, 1 drive in 3rd against BC and SYC, and mid 3rd against USUCk. If left in he would be 5000 plus yards and way over 50 total td's. They are trying to defend Jackson's as top player with bogus numbers.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you at all

Dec 4, 2016, 6:14 PM

The 8 TD differential = the 8 TDs Lamar got v Charlotte

Dec 4, 2016, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson's numbers are better in every category except rushing*** ]

Why would Lamar be in the the game long enough to account for 8 TDs against a team like Charlotte other than to pad stats.

Re: I'd like to see a woman win the ESPN Heisman this year.***

Dec 4, 2016, 7:09 PM

A transgender womyn?

Dec 4, 2016, 8:31 PM

Or one with a real live, not-for-sissies vajayjay?

I'm shocked that whatever the criteria, only offensive players win

Dec 4, 2016, 8:41 PM

If one wants to split hairs, I find it hard to believe that the most outstanding player, or best player on best team, or whatever criteria - that that player is almsot always on the offensive side of the ball (Woodson sort of an exception).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic