Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think this Clemson team may be overall better than last year's,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 767

I think this Clemson team may be overall better than last year's,

Dec 4, 2016, 10:49 AM

and that Bama may not be as good as last year. Level of competition matters, and I think this is the chance to turn the tables on the tide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I definitely think our D is worse as is our OL. Why better?

Dec 4, 2016, 10:50 AM

You may be correct, but I am just wondering why you think that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I definitely think our D is worse as is our OL. Why better?

Dec 4, 2016, 11:51 AM

Basically minuses are: losing Mac Alexander, Eric Mac Lain, Joe Gore, Zac Brooks, Charone Peak, DJ Reader, Kevin Dodd, BJ Goodson, Jayron Kearse, TJ Green and Bradley Pinion. I did not include Shaq Lawson because of his injury that limited him to only a few drives in the last year's CFPs.

We gained: Big Dex, Tre Lamar, Clelin Ferrell, Treymayne Anchrum, John Simpson, Sean Pollard, Noah Green, Cornell Powell, Tevien Feaster, Adam Choice, Mike Williams, Deion Cain, K'Von Wallace, Trayvon Mullen, Tanner Muse, Travis Blanks, James Skalski, and Chad Smith.

I think we are better off with depth (rested D is huge) and have the experience of being there last year, this year, which includes our focus on kick off/punt coverage in the off season, as well as the progression of Greg Huegel. Most notable of the losses are: Gore, Alexander, Pinion and Goodson. The loss of Pinion can be zeroed out for the most part due to the fact that we seldom punt (put up over 500+ yards of offense and 42+ points per game) and Bama is the only team who can challenge that. However, judging by last year that is highly unlikely to come into against them, also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guys we lost played more than the guys we gained...

Dec 4, 2016, 12:02 PM

looking at that list. The guys we gained will be studs next year or the year after, but some of those really don't translate as much this year as they will. Agree maybe? We lost more mature quality players. We gained young potential studs that will be awesome soon.

Re: I definitely think our D is worse as is our OL. Why better?

Dec 4, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to I definitely think our D is worse as is our OL. Why better? ]

Our D is much better IMo

Not me. I woud take last years D without question.*****

Dec 4, 2016, 12:04 PM

our pass blocking

Dec 4, 2016, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I definitely think our D is worse as is our OL. Why better? ]

has avtually been pretty good this year. run blocking on the other hand.....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly*****

Dec 4, 2016, 12:04 PM

I don't think so...

Dec 4, 2016, 10:54 AM

unfortunately.

Go Tigers!

Honestly, when I break it down by group I have no argument

Dec 4, 2016, 10:58 AM

But something about the chemistry and timing. I really think this is our chance.

Also having a healthy secondary, a full WR core, more than Gallman at RB, and front 7 like we have.. It just feels like its coming together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Kickoff coverage better. Punting...###

Dec 4, 2016, 11:03 AM

Run stop not as good. Run game not as good.

Not sure I agree. We played with chip on shoulder last year. We play tight this year

Can we be better absolutely. We have two games to prove it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think this Clemson team may be overall better than last year's,

Dec 4, 2016, 12:11 PM

I have the same feeling. I don't think that the bama offense can keep up with ours. Also, the qb is a freshman and hasn't had to outscore the opponent at this point of the season. I think our experience from last year is what makes us better this time around.

Replies: 11
| visibility 767
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic