Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm glad the game is moved from Charlotte
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,088

I'm glad the game is moved from Charlotte

Dec 3, 2016, 8:30 AM

I'm glad the ACCCG is finally pried out of NC. Orlando may not be the most convenient for tonight's participants but there are other ACC schools that would think different. My suggestion would be to move the game up and down the east coast and thus there is never a reason to get embroiled in local politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize it has been very poorly attended everywhere

Dec 3, 2016, 8:39 AM

But Charlotte, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

There were 40,000+ Clemson fans in Charlotte last year.

Dec 3, 2016, 8:46 AM

Tonight there might be 10,000 Clemson fans in Orlando.

But, whatever floats your boat (not water...do y'all even have any water out callifornie way?)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: There were 40,000+ Clemson fans in Charlotte last year.

Dec 3, 2016, 8:59 AM

I was in Charlotte last year and am here in Orlando for the game tonight. Last year was Clemson-UNC in Charlotte so an almost guaranteed sellout. What if it had been (outrageous example) Miami-Syracuse in Charlotte? Or say Miami-FSU in Orlando - another guaranteed sellout. There's no way to forecast in the out years who will be a playing so just choose 3 or 4 venues and rotate. I doubt anyone loses money on these games no matter how many attend with TV rights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

higest ranked Team earns a home game...problem solved***

Dec 3, 2016, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironically, we're in better shape than the SE from the wildfire reports.

Dec 3, 2016, 9:18 AM [ in reply to There were 40,000+ Clemson fans in Charlotte last year. ]

We just moved from our Charleston home back to Sierra foothills outside Tahoe.. i blame my wife for all the rain there and she's probably responsible for the southeastern drought.
Where she goes the rain follows (her self-declaration).. and yes, we left her in CA for the our Orlando trip ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes, it certainly isn't fair that North Carolina has been

Dec 3, 2016, 8:49 AM

reaping the benefits of ACC teams' money for so many years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm glad the game is moved from Charlotte

Dec 3, 2016, 9:07 AM

I for one am furious they moved it from Charlotte . Already get the OK from the MRS to go if we won the division since it is a day trip from where we live. Orlando is not convenient for my situation and for several of my football buddies.

Dec 3, 2016, 9:07 AM

I for one am furious they moved it from Charlotte . Already get the OK from the MRS to go if we won the division since it is a day trip from where we live. Orlando is not convenient for my situation and for several of my football buddies.

Dec 3, 2016, 9:40 AM

I'm glad to know you and your football buddies are the only ACC football fans.

The fact is by staying home you're only hurting Clemson. The ACC could care less. Why? If the game sells out they say "see it doesn't matter". If not they spin it as "look what we did for the greater good". Don't think their PR folks aren't getting paid a lot of money to gain whatever advantage they can. This decision was made I'm sure so that they can get the maximum value. And this is not a political statement. This is business.

outaide of 3-4 teams

Dec 3, 2016, 4:15 PM

The ACC has weak football fans. Charlotte makes sense but I would fine with a rotation....Jacksonville, Charlotte and DC maybe.

No one is gonna pat the ACC on the back for upholding uncle bobs right to use the women's restroom.....ifthe atadium is empty then it looks really bad for the conference. Remember when there was like 7,000 people at the GT-Wake game?
Fortunately Clemson and VT will send enough fans and I'm sure crowd will look ok.

No one is trying to hurt Clemson, it's just what was an easy day trip became a full on road trip in a pretty expensive town

Says the guy from California.***

Dec 3, 2016, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Says the guy from California.***

Dec 12, 2016, 9:02 PM

I've had season tickets at Clemson for the past 3 years.

Last year in addition to all the home games I went to the ACC CG in Charlotte, the Orange Bowl and the Natty.

This year at home I only missed the SC State game and the last home game and went to Auburn, Fl State and the ACC CG in Orlando. I have tickets for the Fiesta Bowl and hoping to go to Tampa in January.

I think I know a little about traveling to see the Tigers play......

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,088
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic