Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dominate The Line of Scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 908

Dominate The Line of Scrimmage

Dec 3, 2016, 2:01 AM

The keys to winning this game and the rest of them, really. Just my opinion through orange tinted glasses.

1. Watson & Gallman need to be an integral part of the run game. Note : With Watson running on designed or scrambled plays, The Tiger's winning percentage goes from 60% to 90% , just check the latest polls and then look back at polls where Watson wasn't running or Gallman. The Clemson OL must play tough against a tough pass rush. Mitch Hyatt has had 26 games under his belt protecting Watson at the highest level against AL. He is an anchor for Watson's protection. Center, Jay G.has shown his growth, strength and from the looks of it, has put on some significant weight with muscle and time in the wight room. Anyone else notice this?

2.Dominate the Line of scrimmage. Expect to win against teams of the like of Washington or Alabama? Dominate the trenches. On Defense, Front seven, Pass Rush/Blitzes, Aggressive LB play. Ben Boulware will have some Big plays, count on it. He's always around the ball, that's a good thing. He's aggressive, tough, slower than many- but waht He lacks in speed He has in heart, gives
110% on every play. Defense get's the pass rush into full swing under Venables and Co. and keeps Evans contained, down, and limited. That's it right there, dominating the line of scrimmage.Joseph has shown himself to be a real threat in the pass rush also, blitzing from hi LB position. His speed will need to be there to keep up with their tight end for aggressive tackle on the 6'7 Hodges.

3.Create turnovers on defense. Watched Washington score tonight on 3 turnovers in backfield. Safety - Johnson has played this position well to be noted. Bullware & Tankerlsey playing on Hodges, tight pass protection. Fields on Other Top Receiver. Wilkins, Lawrence, Watkins & Co. play in the VA Tech backfiled all night. Last year, Lawson and Dodd had their coming out party in ACC
Championship game, from there, you know the story.

4. Watson needs to be sharp, recievers need to be on tight routes, all on the same page- like we have seen in weeks past. With Gallman and Fuller running the ball, along with Watson,if it's a 250 rush yard night, I'd say that you can count on a dominant performance. Waston throws for 400+ yds, Gallman get's another 100+ yard night, Scott is the return man for the entire playoff run, Williams solidifies his draft stock, this 9 All ACC group is ready for BIG things. They have experience on their side, many have traveled the road before. Mentoring the freshman, who already seem to be making a bigimpact on Defense. VA Tech canscore if given opportunities, but with Va Tech playing the QB option, that is a scheme that Venables has become accustomed to dominating with game plan. Containing mobile QB's, pass rush,& stuffing the run. If we get that from Venables and The Tiger's consistenlty, it will be a show for the ages.

With all that into play, The Tiger's will again look Like the Championship Run Team that belongs at #3 in the CFP rankings on Sunday. Tigers 48- Va Tech 30

In a Clemson victory, Not only take ACC, but play Ohio State in Semi Final playoff. Washington has locked it's place with AL. Tigers can beat Ohio St. in my opinion. On Defense, Too many weapons on offense, Tiger's win. The Clemson Team and Tiger Nation know that if that is the playoff birth,then we're headed right for a re-match with Alabama. Watson wants it all. We'll see how his story, legacy and one of The Geatest Tigers to Walk the field as The Tiger's signal Caller will come to end Sat or beyond with the Big trophy. It's starts with a W on Sat. night.

Atech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'd be 2 or 3 and play Washington***

Dec 3, 2016, 2:28 AM

Re: We'd be 2 or 3 and play Washington***

Dec 3, 2016, 4:41 AM

Nope, we only play Washington if we beat VT and Ohio State. I wonder IF the committee will drop OSU to 4 when we beat VT. That would be interesting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We'd be 2 or 3 and play Washington***

Dec 3, 2016, 4:42 AM

And IF Washington were to beat Bama, of course.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After tonight, no way. Round 1 vs Wash. OSU vs Bama

Dec 3, 2016, 6:20 AM [ in reply to Re: We'd be 2 or 3 and play Washington*** ]

Mark it down, barring an abysmal performance by us!

Good job here

Dec 3, 2016, 8:36 AM

Yes, I agree a hundred times over. Running game, mix and match, jets, Deshaun pulls it once in a while and takes off, read-option stuff, and the usual diet of passes to the gobblers Williams, Leggett, Scott and co. (sorry - our pass gobblers, not the other team). It's the old big orange machine that we saw last year, but with a better, smarter defense this time. Dabo has them charged, ready, and cross-haired in on this, I see no problems, maybe some adventure and a few mishaps here and there, but we're too strong overall and will prevail.

And let's not forget special teams, which we all should realize has been a VaTec mainstay in the past, but this time, we match or exceed their special teams play. And I really like the burst I've been seeing out of Scott lately since he's taken over punts, anyone noticed this?

Replies: 5
| visibility 908
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic