Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson leaves the door open for returning to Clemson next season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson leaves the door open for returning to Clemson next season

Nov 19, 2016, 11:24 PM

Watson leaves the door open for returning to Clemson next season

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds to be like he wants to win a Natty...

Nov 19, 2016, 11:28 PM

before he leaves Clemson.

I support your decision either way.

Go DW4! Go Tigers!

As much as I'd love to have him for four years

Nov 19, 2016, 11:29 PM

We've built our recruiting strategy around telling 4 and 5 star players they can play early because we send talent to the NFL in three years. Hopefully the staff has kept our QB recruits and their families in the loop if this is a real possibility

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as I'd love to have him for four years

Nov 19, 2016, 11:35 PM

Coaches would be thrilled if the best qb on the country decided to stay another year. Don't see it happening though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2016, 11:35 PM [ in reply to As much as I'd love to have him for four years ]

He needs to call Luck.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to call CJ Spiller.***

Nov 19, 2016, 11:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He needs to call Tahj.***

Nov 20, 2016, 1:38 AM

Who said that was our recruiting strategy?

Nov 19, 2016, 11:38 PM [ in reply to As much as I'd love to have him for four years ]

"We've built our recruiting strategy around telling 4 and 5 star players they can play early because we send talent to the NFL in three years"

Really???

Most recruits I hear come to Clemson b/c they say the coaches talk more to them about developing into a person more than anything else. Didn't CJ say the reason he came to Clemson was that Dabo didn't talk football to him at all?

That's what people say and should say

And you would also know 3 year-and-out to NFL would be the primary goal to all the top-notch recruits. So I'm not particularly happy to DW's reture, although it won't be a bad thing for sure.

Ok, saying that the ability to make the NFL in 3 years

Nov 19, 2016, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Who said that was our recruiting strategy? ]

was probably an overstatement of the strategy that our coaches use to recruit players to Clemson. You are correct in saying that we sell educational opportunity, family atmosphere and the Clemson experience over everything else.

The point I should have tried to make was that these kids aren't stupid. When they see numerous players enter the draft after three years and do well in the league, they can't help but imagine having the same kind of success. One path to that success is the knowledge that there will be room on the field for them sooner rather than later if they come our way. While it's not the main thing, I think that is one reason we are signing more highly recruited players than ever.

Re: Ok, saying that the ability to make the NFL in 3 years

Nov 20, 2016, 11:04 AM

umm this is football ..not rocket science

^^^ DITTO This !! ^^^

Nov 20, 2016, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Who said that was our recruiting strategy? ]

What a leap to get from the article to THAT comment?!

?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Highly doubt the coaches guarantee to recruits that...

Nov 19, 2016, 11:44 PM [ in reply to As much as I'd love to have him for four years ]

leave early. Especially considering when we have had number of players who stayed when they would have been drafted in the first three rounds

Very true. ...

Nov 20, 2016, 1:03 AM [ in reply to As much as I'd love to have him for four years ]

... having Watson come back would be great for "next year" but we probably lose a top QB off the team and/or recruit.

We'd be trading the future for the right now.

Really a pretty good situation either way.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very true. ...

Nov 20, 2016, 9:39 AM

Watson coming back would actually be good for recruiting. If Hunter Johnson comes in and win the job as a true freshman Trevor Lawrence might eliminate Clemson from consideration. If DW stays his senior year that means that job will be wide open in 2018 and Clemson could potentially end up with Johnson and Lawrence.

Re: Very true. ...

Nov 20, 2016, 9:22 PM

I notice most of the post about recruits never mention Chase Brice 2017 commit from Grayson High school. Grayson is a 7A school in Georgia. Ranked number one in the state and ranked 6 in the nation. Chase is a four year started with 25 TD passes and 2300 yards passing and only 2 int this year. 6'3" 210 pounds with a cannon for an arm. He would have a lot more passing yards except his team has had 9 running clocks in the 2nd half. Check him out and I think you will be excited about this 4 Star recruit. Same school as Gallman, Schuessler an Ryan Carter are from

Nov 20, 2016, 7:59 AM [ in reply to As much as I'd love to have him for four years ]

I wish he could stay and play for Clemson FOREVER.....He is a 6 star recruit in my opinion and is irreplaceable.....Go Tigers!!!!

Re: FB Update: Watson leaves the door open for returning to Clemson next season

Nov 19, 2016, 11:36 PM

Wanna know what's Fckn nuts?

Him, Scott, and Wayne have another year of eligibility...we are ridiculously set up.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 19, 2016, 11:41 PM

Fun to think about and talk about. But, ain't gonna happen. Finish this year's job, thank you for eveything, then go and enjoy a long, successful NFL career Deshaun.

Whoa, but those other back-up QB's ain't gonna like this!

Saying..get gone DW4 & make some big bucks but win the Natty 1st..this year!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suicide alert...

Nov 19, 2016, 11:43 PM

For all #### fans if this happens!

There's something in those hills.....they brought CJ back!

Nov 19, 2016, 11:47 PM

I doubt it will happen, but it could. May want to build a lasting legacy at Clemson with Wayne Train, Tay Scott, and Mike

Is this Watson's way of not getting picked by the Browns***

Nov 19, 2016, 11:47 PM

Re: Is this Watson's way of not getting picked by the Browns***

Nov 19, 2016, 11:51 PM

that is a VERY GOOD QWESHUN!!!!

Re: Is this Watson's way of not getting picked by the Browns

Nov 19, 2016, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Is this Watson's way of not getting picked by the Browns*** ]

I sure hope so and I'm a Browns fan. They're a train wreck and get qbs hurt by the gross. he needs to avoid thqat place like the plague,

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like they won't suck just as bad next year?***

Nov 20, 2016, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Is this Watson's way of not getting picked by the Browns*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2016, 11:58 PM

I've been thinking that he should do that. He needs to work out the interception problem. If he is able to to do that, he he could be an early first round draft choice and raise his worth immensely!

He's going to be an early draft choice this year***

Nov 20, 2016, 12:50 AM

Re: He's going to be an early draft choice this year***

Nov 20, 2016, 1:16 AM

I agree, I wonder if He thinks that He'll slip into the second round if He could make another decision. His comment is interesting no the less.

Nov 20, 2016, 12:00 AM

DW4 1 more year. #unfinishedbusiness. @jjuniorsisk stay 1 more year!

If he's picked by Cleveland it's actually better if he plays in Canada for a year

Nov 20, 2016, 12:04 AM

Debacle organization and everyone is on pcp.

Zero chance. Would be a bad, bad mistake.

Nov 20, 2016, 12:49 AM

Go get paid, DW. We're going to miss you, but you never know when the end of your career will come.

Re: Zero chance. Would be a bad, bad mistake.

Nov 20, 2016, 7:07 AM

Well, not necessarily a bad bad mistake. Would YOU like to play quarterback in Cleveland?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2016, 1:22 AM

Next year is a QB heavy draft, he'd go higher this year. As great as it would be to have him next season I'd be stunned if it actually happened.

Nov 20, 2016, 1:24 AM

Besides the fact that he'd probably be drafted after Christian Wilkins in the 2018 draft :)

I'll take him another year period!***

Nov 20, 2016, 2:05 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I'll take him another year period!***

Nov 20, 2016, 4:54 AM

I think he loves Clemson and came here for a Natty. He wants it bad and if not this year, then NEXT YEAR,

Nov 20, 2016, 5:02 AM

I feel Watson is insured but it is too much of a risk of injuries coming back another year. He needs to get paid assuming is a 1st round draft pick. If he could slip to the 2nd or third round, he might consider another year. He would be surrounded by a lot of talent and would have another shot at Heisman and no telling how many Clemson/Acc/NCAA records he would own.

I just thing it is in his best interest to go to the pros especially after the MCL issue in his freshman year.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ha ha no he didn't! Love it!!!

Nov 20, 2016, 5:38 AM

Can u imagine! He wants that heisman

I think He Actually Needs Another Year To Develope

Nov 20, 2016, 6:00 AM

He is the best QB, but this year he has shown he still needs work in the passing game reading certain types of defenses. He won't be running a lot in the NFL and his arm and decision making is a need.

Also, the potential of him going the the Brown and a short career has to be weighing heavily on him.

I know he needs the money to take care of his mom and I support whatever he does. I also wan't him to have a great NFL career for many years.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

AND CLEMSON LOVES DESHAUN!***

Nov 20, 2016, 6:02 AM

Don't think it would be worth the risk for him

Nov 20, 2016, 8:29 AM

I definitely think this season has hurt his chances at being the top overall pick and probably caused him to slide towards middle of first round, with the way good defensive players have baited him into throwing some terrible interceptions (which is what ALL NFL defensive players will be able to do). His added weight seems to have hurt his scrambling ability some, but an NFL team wouldn't want him running anyway (kind of like Donovan McNabb learned quickly in Philly).

With the short lifespan of an NFL career and risk of an injury, DW would be better served to leave after this season and let his NFL team teach him whatever he might need to work on one more season in college, plus if he's not ready to be the starter, he'll get much better experience coming in second string against NFL defenses. Charlie Whitehurst has had a well paid long and healthy career as a backup most of the time. Something to be said about a competitor that wants to play, but also something to be said about a smart businessman that wants to have a long happy family life, too.

Whatever he decides, Clemson will be a better program in the future either way!
Thanks DW for a great career so far - let's bring home a natty this season.

God says a large deposit in the Watson

Nov 20, 2016, 8:47 AM

bank account is months away. Thank you for your time here DW, but it's time for you to pursue NFL glory.

Re: FB Update: Watson leaves the door opeatn for returning to Clemson next season

Nov 20, 2016, 9:22 AM

I doubt that. Get ready for a young qb, the run game will be important next year.

Nov 21, 2016, 1:39 AM

He is gone....except it....stop fantasizing...

Nov 21, 2016, 1:42 AM

Accept it

Re: FB Update: Watson leaves the door open for returning to Clemson next season***

Nov 21, 2016, 1:43 AM

Re: FB Update: Watson leaves the door open for returning to Clemson next season***

Nov 21, 2016, 1:44 AM

Agree we have some hot prospects....cooper, brice and johnson. All good.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic