Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY Season Ticket Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 101

IPTAY Season Ticket Question

Oct 28, 2016, 1:13 PM

I’m trying to understand exactly how the IPTAY Seat Equity Plan works. Could someone give me an answer to the below example?

1. If I wanted to buy 2 season tickets in the upper deck (grey area) on the 50 yard line, what's the minimum amount I to donate to IPTAY? Is it the Purple $160?

2. If you donate more than $160 do you move up some sort of priority list in terms of ticket access?

3. Then I pay $600 per seat, or 2 seats x $600= $1,200? Is that per seat per game? Or just a one-time $1,200 donation?

4. Then am I charged for the actual cost of season tickets? If so, how much are season tickets in that area?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After you pay IPTAY dues (at the level of your choice)

Oct 28, 2016, 1:16 PM

You have to pay the seat equity (per season ticket, once for the season) and then buy season tickets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Not true

Oct 28, 2016, 1:21 PM

the amount you give to IPTAY is your calculated base for the seat equity. There is no additional cost other than the cost of the ticket.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the correction.***

Oct 28, 2016, 1:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Its cool

Oct 28, 2016, 1:28 PM

IPTAY is certainly out for additional money, but they aren't that crass about it. ;)

Re: Its cool

Oct 28, 2016, 1:33 PM

ok, so in my example I have to donate a minimum of $600 x 2 tickets or $1,200 for seats in upper deck grey area + the season tickets cost. What do season tickets cost in this area?

Plus, is there anyway to know where you stand priority wise to make sure you get these season tickets? Or do you just give $$'s and then hope it's enough?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2016, 1:55 PM

The price of the season tickets is the same no matter where you are in regular seating (there is a difference for the club levels) The cost for the seat equity plan is where the variance comes in. My seats previously were at the $550 level per seat and when the notice came out, it looked like they were bumping to $600, which was fine. Upon closer examination, the previous $750 seats area was expanded to include my seats, so they have now bumped to $800 which is a $250 per seat or $1000 increase. This is a pretty steep increase, but I love my seats, so I'm paying.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2016, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Its cool ]

Season tickets this past year were $365/ticket for IPTAY members. This is $50 (12%) off of the actual face value of all the tickets combined. It typically goes up a little bit each year, but should be under $400/ticket for next year as well.
The price of the actual season ticket is the same for all IPTAY members in every seat equity section, as long as you are not in one of the club areas which require an additional capital gift.

You have no guarantees that you'll get those seats. In fact, if this is your first year donating, and you only donate $1200, I can pretty much guarantee that you won't get assigned seats in the Upper Deck grey ($600) area.

I'm not sure what level you would have to donate at in order to have a chance at those seats, but it's generally similar to the lower level as far as how difficult those seats are to get. You can get a general idea what you might have to donate, if you talk to the right person in IPTAY, but there is still no guarantee, because the current season ticket holder would have to first give up the seats. Then you would have to be the highest priority donor this year, requesting those seats, in order to get them.

Feel free to T-Mail me if you want more info or have other questions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He could donate 10 grand and still

Oct 28, 2016, 2:10 PM

Not get those seats. .

I've got like 30 iptay points..I donate at champion level.

I'm on 50 yard line, about 14 rows up from the grays in top deck north and not moving any closer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: He could donate 10 grand and still

Oct 28, 2016, 2:16 PM

True. There's no guarantee because someone has to give them up first. But if he donates $10k, He'll get some great seats, probably between the 35s in the lower level, unless he needs a bunch of them together.

It's based on your donation level first and then priority points in each level, so yes, Champion Level and 30 points isn't going to get you very far, and you probably won't be getting any closer than that any time soon.

They offer me lower deck every year

Oct 28, 2016, 2:38 PM

But they are end zone - 20 yard line.
Bugger that.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: They offer me lower deck every year

Oct 28, 2016, 3:05 PM

Ok, thanks everyone but two more questions, and keep in mind I'm not the smartest guy out there.

1. I would assume that the season ticket cost per ticket of $375 is per ticket paid once and $375 for each home game, right?

2. Once you have secured your season tickets then they are yours until given up, assuming you keep giving at minimum levels, right? If so, I'm wondering if you could donate big a year or two to try and get the seats and then drop your donation down to the minimum level in order to keep them?

Not saying I'm doing this, just tryin' to understand.

Re: They offer me lower deck every year

Oct 28, 2016, 3:30 PM

Yes season tiks are
..one time price and it is for all home games.
They go up every year though. Prob be right at 400 this year.

Yes and yes.
Once you have a seat you just have to keep donating at the level required to keep it .

Yes, you can donate a million this year, get enough points for a good seat and then donate the minimum amount needed to keep it the next year.

Now you are figuring out the system

Oct 28, 2016, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: They offer me lower deck every year ]

;) Donation plus points gets you the seats. Donations alone keep your seats.

Where the donation level really matters is with parking. They can, and do, move parking spots annually.

The other thing to do is call the ticket office and tell them your preferences. They have general rules on what they consider better seats that you can work with. For example, the ticket office just about always says that lower deck seats are better. But I'd rather be upper deck than lower sideline/endzone. They will work with you on that if you are reasonable. If you just tell them "best available" they are going to put you where they think.

Re: Now you are figuring out the system

Oct 28, 2016, 4:08 PM

2016 is my first year as a donor so I apologize for the multiple questions
A. MUNSON mentioned on air about it being possible to get your IPTAY donation drafted from your paycheck, Is this really possible?
B. Are 100% of my donation tax deductible excluding tickets?
C. Which seats would be easier for me to get, upper deck on the 50 or lower level on the 20?
Thanks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now you are figuring out the system

Oct 31, 2016, 10:54 AM

A) You can set up an autodraft payment, where it charges your credit card or debit card monthly. Not sure if you can do a direct debit from your bank account or paycheck, but not that I know of. FYI: IPTAY fiscal year is July 1st through June 30th, and half of your donation is required by Mid February. This wasn't really a "firm" deadline in the past, but will more likely be enforced this year with the demand for season tickets at an all-time high. http://www.iptaycuad.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210944692&DB_OEM_ID=28510

B) Your donation is 80% tax deductible if you purchase season tickets as well, or 100% deductible if you don't purchase tickets... Might be best to confirm this with your tax professional if you have one. http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=210662011

C) Obviously it depends on who gives up their seats, and how many people you are competing against for those seats (and what IPTAY level those people are donating at in comparison to you). If you're Okay with being say 12-20 rows up in the upper level near the 50, those would probably be easier to obtain at a lower donation, but the first 10-15 rows on the 50 rarely come available as has been mentioned by others in this thread. It would likely be easier to get 15-20 yard line seats in the lower level, than 50 yard line in the first 5 rows of the upper level.

Also, typically you can get better seats if you request North side, as the South side is in higher demand. Either way, you'll have to shell out a good bit of money as a donation to get lower level (or "50 yard line" upper level) this year as there will not likely be much turnover.

I'm 5 rows up on 50 north upper, been there for over 15

Oct 28, 2016, 2:20 PM [ in reply to He could donate 10 grand and still ]

years. Could never get any lower. I do have new seat owners to the left on my row. You're right, hardly anyone gives up those seats in the gray areas.

You don't know

Oct 28, 2016, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Its cool ]

Iptay can guess if you call them, but they won't know for sure until everyone Pays their dues and puts in their request.

I recall reading something like the average don Arion for a new donor to get lower deck seats was 2000...and those were more than likely corner.

There are not alot of those gray upper deck seats and People do not give them up often.

Re: You don't know

Oct 28, 2016, 2:12 PM

$2000 may have worked 3-4 years ago, but the last year or 2, it's been more like $3200-$4600 (Jervey level) for 2 lower level seats, and $6000-$7500 for 4+ lower level. That's for relatively new donors who haven't built up many points to help give them higher priority within their donation level.

It's definitely a moving target, because not every year is the same, and like you mentioned, they are guessing until everyone has donated, at which point it is too late to sign up and get priority seats.

Re: Not true

Oct 28, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Not true ]

Either way the costs are getting out of hand and this is not a Clemson issue. It is a national issue.
I have great seats, but I must contribute 3200.00 dollars to IPTAY for the right to buy tickets! With assistant college football coaches making over 1 Million / year and Clemson having to build indoor bowling alleys and putt putt courses to attract recruits, it is getting kind of ridiculous. When does it end? I love the Tigers as much as anyone, but we have created a god in our country with Sports.

Its actually fairly simple

Oct 28, 2016, 1:20 PM

Take the section your seats are in, multiply that seat value by the number of tickets that you have. Thats the mininum donation you must have to keep those seats.

So if you have 2 seats in the $800 level, you have to donate at least $1600 to keep them. The seat equity plan does not reseat folks that give at the level they need.

New season tickets are allocated based on the best available. They are assigned based on the amount you give (section availability), and then the points that you have. Just because you give $3200 doesn't mean you will get 4 tickets inside the $800 level.

^^^THIS^^^***

Oct 28, 2016, 1:23 PM

Re: IPTAY Season Ticket Question

Oct 28, 2016, 1:58 PM

You will need to donate $1200 to get 2 seats in the gray section.

This will put you at the Champion level ($800) of iptay.

It will also give you a certain amount of iptay points based on the amount you donate/250 and your donation level, champion.

Then you request 2 seats in the gray section.

Seat priority goes to the current owner first. If they meet their donation limits, they keep their seats.

You are new donor so you wait for seats to come available and if they do you compete with other new donors for those seats.

Priority will go to the person with most iptay points.

Fyi, you could donate the amount you need to get those seats and still end up in the lower deck gray sections or even in the orange sections. It all depends on what's available and who has the most iptay points.

Everyone pays the same amount for the actual tickets. Last year it was around $375 per season ticket, 7 home games.

Then there is parking....

Re: IPTAY Season Ticket Question

Oct 28, 2016, 3:11 PM

My father-in-law and I had season tickets for several years. He accumulated close to 100 priority points in the time frame that we contributed to IPTAY. We stopped donating a few years ago when my children were small. Now that they're older, we've been thinking about becoming season ticket holders again. (of course getting a couple more tickets than before) Our seats were in section G row AA. I don't expect to get tickets that good again, but how does the points that we have factor in, or do they?

Your dad has points but is a new donor.

Oct 28, 2016, 3:36 PM

He would go through the same process.

However, he has 100 points.

Say a seat comes up in the section you want.
Iptay has 5 donors who donated the minimum amount to get those seats. Iptay would chose the guy in the 5 who has the most points. Your dad has 100 so he would prob. Get them.

Now, it also depends on how man seats you request. Singles and doubles come open the most. If you ask for 4 and demand they be together, you may never end up in the seats you want no matter how much you donate

In these cases iptay will usually ask if you want to split your seats.

Replies: 24
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic