Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once we win Saturday we have the easiest path to the playoff.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,451

Once we win Saturday we have the easiest path to the playoff.

Oct 26, 2016, 2:12 PM

We are lucky that our schedule was front loaded. Bama, Michigan, Ohio State, and all of the BIG 12 have a lot more test. Obviously a lot can happen, but win Saturday and we in!

Now you can start the looking ahead lectures.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

i wI'll be interested to see how vt progresses.***

Oct 26, 2016, 2:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh you must've missed where

Oct 26, 2016, 2:57 PM

864Hokie declared they had the best WR corp in the country and a their defense was all world. Of course that was before they got taken to the woodshed by Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nope didn't miss it. Just also saw where they took care of

Oct 26, 2016, 3:21 PM

business against UNC and Miami. I think they are a little all over the place. Will be curious to see if they can take care of business against Pitt tomorrow. We are the superior team. But, if they put together their best game and we put together our worst, bad things could happen. We should line up against them really well on defense. Expect 10 or less points on offense. We need to keep them from scoring on defense. And as much as it sucks that DW through the pick 6, quite telling that it was his first one if you count high school and college. That's a lot of games, and a lot of thrown passes to never have had a pick six. We simply would need to play defense well and have a good offensive showing. I'm really excited to see how we come out against FSU. I think we are the dominant team and could be beating teams by much more. I'm hoping with some fresh legs, rest, some time to let brains catch up with where we are at now in our 8th game, time to prep, work on fundamentals. I'm really hopeful for looking championship ready over the next few games. To be fair, a lot of our games were ugly last year and we gave it to Alabama. I think there is a decent argument that we play to level of our opponent to a certain extent and Alabama is the same every week. I also think you could argue that we have a deceptively difficult schedule. It's very likely that Troy, Auburn, NC State were a lot better than the media gives us credit for. Also, I don't care how f-ing good Louisville is, #29 knocked Quick's ### out of bounds and we won the game! I think we win the rest of our games and if we play bama, I think it will be a fight to the finish again. Go Tigers! Do work!

I didn't know cuse even had a woodshed...

Oct 26, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Oh you must've missed where ]

Learn something new every day...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have "the dome". Some think it is much louder than

Oct 26, 2016, 3:24 PM

Death Valley. Those people are stupid.

Re: I didn't know cuse even had a woodshed...

Oct 26, 2016, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I didn't know cuse even had a woodshed... ]

It's outside of their high school locker room, right beside to outhouse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or Pitt.. they control their own destiny***

Oct 26, 2016, 4:20 PM [ in reply to i wI'll be interested to see how vt progresses.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yeah, glad we play them at home. Will try to watch most of

Oct 26, 2016, 4:41 PM

that game tomorrow night. Hopefully will show a little something about both teams.

Absolutely. Win Saturday and our odds of going 12-0

Oct 26, 2016, 3:01 PM

are going to jump from roughly 50% to about 80%. Nobody else will be close to that.

The FSU v CU game is meaningless in terms of making the CFP

Oct 26, 2016, 3:37 PM

The BCS era is over.

All you have to do under the current system is win a Power Five championship with less than one loss to make the CFP.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee-protocol

^^^^Meant one loss or less***

Oct 26, 2016, 3:46 PM

Signed,

Oct 26, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to The FSU v CU game is meaningless in terms of making the CFP ]

Baylor and TCU.

The CFP committee said that either one would have been in

Oct 27, 2016, 8:15 AM

the CFP if either one had won a conference championship.

The committee is mandated to choose conference champion over a conference runner-up, unless the runner-up is "unequivocally" better than the champion.

I'm not buying that excuse. If they thought OSU was

Oct 27, 2016, 2:02 PM

the better team that's fine. In the end, they were justified in their decision because OSU was really frigging good at the end of the year despite starting a 3rd string QB and they went on to win the title.

But if you are trying to tell me they left out Baylor and TCU because of some dumb semantics regarding the Big XII not officially naming a conference champion, I'm just not buying it. Weren't they both labeled as "co-champions?" That should've been plenty to warrant inclusion had the committee truly thought either was worthy.

I don't think there's an official "mandate" regarding the "unequivocally better" thing either. I think that was just something the committee themselves decided upon a couple years ago and have stuck with thus far. The members of the committee change so it's certainly possible that the criteria will shift a bit along with it.

It is a mandate and the CFP rule caused the BIGXII to make

Oct 28, 2016, 3:56 PM

changes so that their conference names an official champion with a tie-breaker.

Baylor and TCU were left out in 2014 due to semantics of not being a champion.

Re: Once we win Saturday we have the easiest path to the playoff.

Oct 26, 2016, 3:49 PM

Dont overlook Pittsburgh and Syracuse both those teams are capable of being competitive. But we will be 12-0

I don't think anyone overlooks them.

Oct 26, 2016, 7:46 PM

The OP merely stated the truth.

Let's say if we base it from ESPN's FPI, the chances of winning out of all undefeated teams are as follows:

1. Western Michigan 58.9%
2. Boise State 43.4%
3. Michigan 41.8%
4. Alabama 41.1%
5. Clemson 33.2%
6. Washington 24.6%
7. West Virginia 7.2%
8. Baylor 3.4%
9. Nebraska 0.2%

Alabama and Western Michigan don't play this weekend, while the chances of winning their game this weekend for Boise State and Michigan are both close to 90%. Without factoring anything else in, their win won't change anything much to the chance of winning out.

Our chance of winning the game this weekend per FPI is about 56%, if we win, that will boost the chance of winning out to around 60%, which would be the highest among all undefeated teams, not just Power 5. (I expect the chance of winning each game to improve and so the overall chance should be higher too.)

Even if you don't care about FPI, doing an eye test should see that no one else has easier schedule.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic