Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The best summary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 977

The best summary

Oct 25, 2016, 12:42 PM

Someone posted a link to Jimbo Fishers press conversations about Clemson.

He had was I think is the best summary of the challenge of learning to play when the expectation is to be at the top of the mountain.

Dabo is learning how to be his own version of a coach that can create the right culture and lead that continual championship level year after year.

It's easier to surprise than be the target. It's easier to play the disrespect card than the most loved card.

So there is some credibility, I think, to 2014 FSU and 2015 Ohio State teams, but no where near enough credit that this team is performing well. Only looking back, after continued wins will do that.

I have a real problem that Clemson could drop more than 4 spots with a loss to FSU, - because we haven't blown out teams and met very high expectations. And because winning with a defensive stand is viewed as 'getting lucky' while winning with an offensive drive is strong and taking control. Our O puts us in the lead and the D holds. Fine by me. But now, many discount it. (Though Lamar Jackson noted that the D is supposed to hold the lead...which theirs did not. A point missed by most)

I hope these young men can continue to win and have fun in the face of high expectations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The best summary

Oct 25, 2016, 1:00 PM

?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to FSU post

Oct 25, 2016, 3:25 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1622062&tstart=60

Also, a few typos -- he had what was, I think ...
And --- there is some credibility comparing us to 2014 FSU and 2015 OSU because of the expectations

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 977
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic