Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
247 says K'Vaughan Pope has Clemson in top 2.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

247 says K'Vaughan Pope has Clemson in top 2.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:12 AM

You think taking in Clemson's 24-17 overtime win on Saturday made for a full day?

Try mixing in a i2-hour roundtrip car ride.

That's what K'Vaughan Pope, the No. 3 athlete as ranked by 247Sports in the 2018 class, did this weekend.

Pope made the six-hour drive from Dinwiddie, Va. to Clemson for Tigers' the noon kickoff vs. N.C. State, and following a post-game conversation with Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables, made the six-hour drive back home.

"It was really the only game I could get to this fall with both my parents," Pope said. "And I have a lot of interest in Clemson, so I really wanted to get to a game.

"It was an exciting game, and the atmosphere is what I expected it to be. I love the small-town feel and how it kind of feels like home. Another thing I really like is running down the hill. Obviously I didn't get to do it, but it looks cool."

***Take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Tigers newsletter now!***

Clemson is recruiting the 6-foot-2, 215-pound athlete for outside linebacker, as are most programs on his offer list.

Venables is heading Pope's recruitment for the Tigers.

"Coach Venables really talked about the play one their players made on the blocked punt, No. 42, Christian Wilkins," Pope said. "He was pumped about it. (Venables) is a pretty cool guy. He was telling me about the new facility for their players and how after the work is put in, the players chill and go out on the boats at the lake."

Saturday marked Pope's first time taking in a game in Clemson. His first visit to campus occurred for camp over the summer.

Next, Pope will visit the Swamp on Nov. 12 for Florida's divisional clash vs. South Carolina.

"I always liked Florida as a kid," Pope said. "They're the Gators."

Entering the weekend, Pope considered Florida and Clemson his top choices, and the Gators held the slight edge. Now where do the Tigers rank in pecking order?

"I mean, Clemson is still at the top," he said. "I don't know about liking one better. They are both about the same. We'll just find out my senior year."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 247 says K'Vaughan Pope has Clemson in top 2.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:32 AM

We get him .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

where do we see him playing?***

Oct 18, 2016, 1:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic