Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018?

Oct 13, 2016, 1:29 PM

ESPN 2018 #1 overall prospect Xavier Thomas, of course a hometown kid out of Florence. So I'm guessing it'll be like a Clowney situation for them. They seem to be his leader and just fell into their laps. Plenty of time for something to change of course, but seems alil odd with their current state of the program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018?

Oct 13, 2016, 1:32 PM

Tho I think we made up some ground on him, I know they were his early favorite.

Oct 13, 2016, 1:34 PM

Just chalk it up as they are lucky he is from Florence S.C. and he grew up a coot fan. If it weren't for that they would not have a shot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 1:36 PM

LITTLE EARLY TO BE GIVING UP ON KELLY AINT IT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 1:38 PM

???

Oct 13, 2016, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018? ]

Nobody is giving up on anyone lol. Coots/Thomas was the topic not Kelly, you have to have more than 1 DE. I'm sure Kelly will be a star player.

Oct 13, 2016, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018? ]

OOPS had my mind on another thread. So i was like what is he talking about. But no Im not totally giving up but we have a heck of a lot of ground to make up with this kid. When you grow up a big fan of a particular school its hard for other schools to pull them away. Unless that school isn't recruiting them hard (which SCAR is ). If we get him then it will be one hell of a recruiting effort by our staff.

Oct 13, 2016, 1:49 PM

I seriously, for the life of me understand anyone "growing up a fowl fan". Is that similar to being born addicted to heroin?

Oct 13, 2016, 1:56 PM

Presumably, heroin gives a rush of euphoria and excitement. I don't believe #### football can deliver those highs. More like being born with a heroin addiction.

Come on, I grew up in Columbia Northeast

Oct 13, 2016, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018? ]

And my entire family were coots (and still are). I was a chicken fan because I didn't know any better. I decided to go to Clemson because I wanted to leave the area and Clemson had the major I wanted, and I wanted to be employed after graduation doing something other than selling photocopiers , like many of my cousins who went to USC . My eyes were opened the day I'll set foot on campus in Clemson.

Some of us just grow up in that environment and cannot help it

Oct 13, 2016, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018? ]

Clemson might not be able to overcome the scar coaches and the car wash.

Oct 13, 2016, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018? ]

ooops sorry, thomas of course.

Oct 13, 2016, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots really going to get the #1 Overall player in 2018? ]

Yeah, its no dif than Clowney. Just happen to be a top national recruit in their backyard and grew up a fan. They didn't have to work hard for it, other than trying to keep the flames from the dumpster fires down a bit.

there is a big difference from then to now

Oct 13, 2016, 5:38 PM

and that is that Clowney was coming into school at a time that was MUCH MUCH better in regards to the state of the team... they have two years to turn it around and get to a decent bowl, and that ain't happening this year. otherwise, two years of 4 - 8 seasons and his mama won't let him sign there...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you get first pick when you're the worst in the league

Oct 13, 2016, 1:38 PM

Seems only fair you get first recruit when you're the worst team/offense out of 128.

kidnapping is still a felony***

Oct 13, 2016, 1:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: kidnapping is still a felony***

Oct 13, 2016, 2:02 PM

He's probably waiting to see if the dumpster fire to continue through next year. There's no sign of it slowing down next year so he may pick clemson or an different SEC school for that matter.

Re: kidnapping is still a felony***

Oct 14, 2016, 6:42 AM [ in reply to kidnapping is still a felony*** ]

1+

Coot fans and coaches have been visiting car wash

Oct 13, 2016, 4:05 PM

Coot coaches and fans have been visiting the family owned car wash every week from what some other coots have said. According to them nothing illegal, just stopping by to wash their cars; but they are sure to let them know who they root for. I have no idea, I saw some coots talking about it and found it interesting.

Re: Coot fans and coaches have been visiting car wash

Oct 13, 2016, 4:08 PM

Thomas is leaning a little more towards Clemson. The Louisville game turned everyone's heads that were there, and he hung out with White and Lawrence. I'm pretty sure they lead now for all three.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 5:50 PM

You thought you were leading for Clowney too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

you would know...you're ALWAYS here***

Oct 13, 2016, 5:53 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans and coaches have been visiting car wash ]

Nobody in Clemson orange ever thought that we were getting Clowney, but when he gave Dabo that last visit your fanbase just about splattered their collective drawers .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You're so full of **** your eyes are green....

Oct 13, 2016, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans and coaches have been visiting car wash ]

No one, and I mean absolutely no one realistically thought Clemson was going to get Clowney. No one !!!!

No. 1, he would have never qualified academically and No. 2, the local $CU booster in Rock Hill had already closed the deal by funneling a small fortune in payments Clowney's family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You're so full of **** your eyes are green....

Oct 13, 2016, 9:14 PM

You should defer to CM Shack. I wasn't here and remember fencebusters making claiming Clowney wanted to go to Clemson.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Oct 14, 2016, 2:06 AM

His mom probably wanted him to go to Clemson. She probably didn't want her son to breed in the parking lot like the your fanbase seems to be keen on doing.

Oct 14, 2016, 6:17 AM [ in reply to Re: You're so full of **** your eyes are green.... ]
IMG_3089.JPG(57.8 K)

He did. Gave us the last visit as well, but don't think he qualified.

Your memory is about as poor as your IQ....

Oct 14, 2016, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: You're so full of **** your eyes are green.... ]

fencebusters was making claims that Clowney's mother wanted him to go to Clemson.

She pretty much said so herself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your memory is about as poor as your IQ....

Oct 14, 2016, 7:56 AM

got a friend that works with clowneys mom. or did anyway. she did indeed like clemson. but as long as carey tate had the checkbook out in rock hill he was a coot. hopefully that has been slowed down now.

Exactly !!!!***

Aug 6, 2019, 8:11 AM

Re: A blind hog will find an acorn every once in a

Oct 13, 2016, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans and coaches have been visiting car wash ]

while.

Oct 14, 2016, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans and coaches have been visiting car wash ]

09, you have a short memory! Your "bag man" fan made it quite convenient for Clowney. I know the situation from growing up there and having contacts. Other programs brought matters to the attention of the NCAA and with investigation said parties were warned. OBC's pipeline stopped for other reasons as well.

Every recruit in SC is far game this early. Keep losing and it will not matter.

Go Tigers!

Oct 13, 2016, 4:09 PM

Coots were a better team when Clowney came out of hs. They are a bad bad team now

Oct 13, 2016, 4:47 PM

Maybe some of us need a refresher course on the recent Tee Martin recruitment. Martin grew up a Vol fan right under their nose, and we all know what happened there. An honestly, UT would have been a better choice for Martin than USUC is going to be for anyone. Just a good example of how well, and how hard, our coaches and players recruit major talent.

i guess it all depends on who their new HC will be***

Oct 13, 2016, 9:57 PM

Oct 14, 2016, 12:05 AM

247 has us even with South Carolina. It will be tough to beat the bagman and be very confident that there is a bagman. But as of now, we still have a good shot.

Look, it's all about playing early. When you are

Oct 14, 2016, 1:53 AM

as woeful as the coots are, you will play early ----- and let a whole lot of talent go to waste.

Muschamp offers what few schools can.

Oct 14, 2016, 2:23 AM

Starts at an SEC school. I gaurantee that's what he's telling these guys. Dabo can't offer anyone an automatic spot, Muschamp can. Can if I'm a recruit, South Carolina is probably the best of the junk SEC teams- better than UK, Vandy, Missou, MissSt, and Arkansas. So I get it. I think it's stupid, but I get it.

Re: Muschamp offers what few schools can.

Oct 14, 2016, 6:52 AM

Mizzou has won the east recently , and UK just beat the Coots .
Arkansas would whip them unmercifully this season .
The Coots lost to a Miss State team that couldnt9win at home against South Alabama University.
No , they are not the best of the worst ...they are Vandy with a better kicker .

DB23

Oct 14, 2016, 6:10 AM

They could certainly use him . Their talent pool consists of a couple of offensive linemen that are appreciably serviceable and a placekicker .

DB23

Oct 14, 2016, 6:38 AM

Good luck to that young man. He's in for a loong hard road if he chooses the chicken coops.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic