Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Kelly's Blame Game - Rivals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Brian Kelly's Blame Game - Rivals

Oct 11, 2016, 9:11 AM

Who in the world would want to play for him?

I could probably write 2,000 words on Notre Dame’s 10-3 loss to NC State over the weekend. From whether the game should have been canceled due to the weather (yes) to the Irish's play-calling (ridiculous), there are so many juicy topics from which to choose. But, by now, those topics have been hashed out a million times, so there is no need to beat a dead horse.

Here’s what worries, or at least aggravates, Notre Dame fans the most: Brian Kelly’s apparent stubbornness and unwillingness to change while he blames his players. Yes, Kelly fired Brian VanGorder following the team's embarrassing loss to Duke, but he wasn't left with much choice after a 1-3 start. What I’m talking about is Kelly’s insistence on doing things his way and then, if that doesn't work, throwing his players under the bus.

Is it Sam Mustipher’s fault that Kelly had him snapping shotgun in a monsoon on 4th and 8? Is it DeShone Kizer’s fault he was asked to throw the ball 26 times in impossible conditions or asked to run the ball so many times with zero footing? Is it the wide receivers' fault that there were so many drops in the game? Nope, nope and nope. But Kelly never seems to accept any of the blame, at least as far as I can tell.

I read a recap after the game titled “Brian Kelly takes blame for Notre Dame’s loss at NC State” and then went on to read quotes from the head coach about not second-guessing the number of throws and how he was surprised that the passing game wasn’t as effective as he thought it would be. What? Excuse me?

Kelly called the snapping in the game from his team "atrocious." It was bad enough to see him verbally undress Mustipher on the sideline following the fourth-down bad snap, but to search and search for that accountability from the coach and find little of it was possibly worse.

Notre Dame fans know this isn’t the first time he’s “assumed” responsibility while deflecting it at the same time. Kelly’s teams have come out flat in many games this season and 2-4 has been the result so far. The Irish could be on their way to their worst season since the year Charlie Weis got fired.

As a leader of young men, I feel it would be best for Kelly to fall on his sword and be the shield his players need, even if they didn’t execute in a situation. Now, even if Kelly begins to do that, it will be considered too late or perhaps contrived by a fan base he is coming close to losing and perhaps by a team he has already lost. And, as a recruiting guy, you can trust me that prospects know when a coach gets a reputation for blaming his players. That’s because it’s pointed out to them by every program recruiting against Notre Dame.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-brian-kelly-s-blame-game-a-m-s-rise-five-stars

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch.. slap right in the face of duke.***

Oct 11, 2016, 9:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Another game where it only rained on ND's side of the field***

Oct 11, 2016, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

they were never the same after they were violated by us

Oct 11, 2016, 9:30 AM

I mean we used BYOG to hit them deep and now it they are just an emotional mess. Shame on us !!!

Message was edited by: nick0104®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Articles like this reinforce how lucky we are to have Coach

Oct 11, 2016, 11:00 AM

Swinney leading us!! Coaches who throw their players under the bus ultimately fail (looking at you SOS, Muschump, etc) It's great to be a Tiger! Go Tigers, stomp a mudhole in the Pack!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How are things working out for Parker Boudreaux

Oct 11, 2016, 11:05 AM

this season?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad Luck Brian

Oct 11, 2016, 1:20 PM

...stole Schleprock's rain cloud.

Am I the only one who remembers good ol' Schleprock?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic