Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keith Scott (Charlotte) video released
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Keith Scott (Charlotte) video released

Sep 23, 2016, 3:44 PM

This is the cell phone video shot by his wife, not the police. It doesn't determine if he had a gun. Police are yelling for him to drop the gun; she keeps saying he doesn't have a weapon and that he just took his medication.

WARNING: Lots of F-bombs here. Maybe don't watch at work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us/charlotte-keith-scott-shooting-video.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Message removed by Author

Sep 23, 2016, 3:46 PM

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keith Scott (Charlotte) video released

Sep 23, 2016, 3:50 PM

She was also shouting "don't do it, Keith."

Wondering what the it, is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Zachary!***

Sep 23, 2016, 3:53 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dont Read THAT Book Keith! Dont Do it!!"

Sep 23, 2016, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Keith Scott (Charlotte) video released ]

that had to be it. He was just sitting in the truck reading a book

Sep 23, 2016, 3:54 PM

Obviously there is a lot left to be discovered there. But a couple of things strike me ...

1. She is telling her husband to get out of the car, and then she is telling him "Don't you do it." What is she telling him not to do?

2. That is not the emotional response I would expect from a wife who's husband just got shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sort of an odd reaction by the wife

Sep 23, 2016, 3:54 PM

She seems more interested in yelling at the police than in the state of her husband. But I guess none of us know how we would react to something like that. The TBI and him being on medication are also interesting factors in this story because they could've influenced how he was acting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2016, 3:55 PM

weird, no gun at his feet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how it's ridiculous to suggest police might plant

Sep 23, 2016, 3:57 PM

a weapon to cover up a bad shoot, but perfectly rational to suggest Hillary has the FBI in her back pocket.

Both are kinda whacky***

Sep 23, 2016, 4:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely.***

Sep 23, 2016, 4:03 PM

Re: Funny how it's ridiculous to suggest police might plant

Sep 23, 2016, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Funny how it's ridiculous to suggest police might plant ]

I Iwas just assuming the photo from yesterday was shopped , have not seen much on this one.

The angles aren't quite the same***

Sep 23, 2016, 4:09 PM

Come on, that's just crazy talk

Sep 24, 2016, 6:24 AM [ in reply to Funny how it's ridiculous to suggest police might plant ]

Police would never stoop so low as to plant a gun or other false evidence to cover up for their misdeeds..

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/22/st-louis-cop-charged-murder-video-footage-shows-planting-gun-unarmed-driver/

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/24/atlanta.police/

http://www.innocenceproject.org/leaked-documents-show-alabama-police-planted-drugs-guns-on-innocent-black-men-in-decades-long-scheme/

http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/02/cop-reveals-that-planting-evidence-and-lying-are-part-of-the-game/

http://www.mediaite.com/online/philly-cop-admits-to-years-of-planting-evidence-and-stealing-cash/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on, that's just crazy talk

Sep 24, 2016, 6:25 AM

And I assure you.. the above comment could have been much, much longer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2016, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Come on, that's just crazy talk ]

And all of them were charged....what's your point?

Sep 24, 2016, 8:11 AM

Those are just the ones who got caught, bud.

Sep 24, 2016, 8:12 AM

Or more accurately, some of the ones who got caught. Like I said, I could've gone on for quite a while.

Sep 24, 2016, 8:17 AM

What's your response to this?

"In fact, a police officer is more than 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male, than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. If the police ended all use of lethal force tomorrow, it would have a negligible effect on the black homocide rate."

Sep 24, 2016, 8:38 AM

1) Source and link?

2) There are probably more black males than there are police officers, overall.

3) The first part of the comparison simply mentions "black males," while the second part specifies "unarmed black males" which heavily skews the statistics.

4) Are police killings generally considered homicides? If not, what is the relevance of this statement?

Sep 24, 2016, 8:47 AM

Lol....these statistics have been linked multiple times on this site in the last few days.

Sep 24, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on, that's just crazy talk ]

What's the relevance?

Are you kidding me?

Sep 24, 2016, 8:54 AM

Why would police shootings have an effect on the homicide rate, when they are almost never treated/charged as homicides?

Bro, do you even TV?

Sep 24, 2016, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Keith Scott (Charlotte) video released ]

Cops always kick the gun out of the perp's reach after subduing him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Releasing a one-sided ambiguous video should really...

Sep 23, 2016, 4:24 PM

help calm things down in Charlotte tonight!

I think this kind of forces the hand of the state to release the videos they have. Which apparently don't quite show everything.

Perhaps when combined with this one, it will be a little more clear.

I can't help but second guess here...what the heck kind of reaction is that to having your husband get shot. Calmly filming (well not calmly per se) and announcing your address to capture the footage...while your husband is lying on the ground dying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Releasing a one-sided ambiguous video should really...

Sep 23, 2016, 5:30 PM

if the police were justified in shooting the guy, they could just release the video and put this to bed.

Re: Releasing a one-sided ambiguous video should really...

Sep 23, 2016, 5:34 PM

Yea because hearing the cop scream drop the gun 5 times and the wife asking him "not to do it" isn't enough proof....

He could have just been chilling with his book.

Well, no, it's not.

Sep 23, 2016, 7:30 PM

But I'm sure the police video will confirm it. So let's release it. Surely you don't have a problem with that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

In terms of the reaction....

Sep 23, 2016, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Releasing a one-sided ambiguous video should really... ]

Similar thing happened with the guy that got shot in his car in Minnesota. His wife/gf was cool and collected while she filmed the event. I'm guessing the shock of the event hasn't taken effect yet. People also respond differently to shocking stimuli. You can hear her anger and shock in her voice when she turns back around. That will turn to grief and sadness pretty quickly.

You could also see their reactions as being pretty brave considering the situation.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic