Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country"

Sep 13, 2016, 12:08 PM

Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country"

Sep 13, 2016, 12:50 PM

It doesn't matter what anyone says...u have the freedpm to express urself when, where or how. U have a right to protest, the way u want... Who is he really disrespecting bc most vets do not care or mind his action. Colin knew there would be backlash and he doesn't care. This is not the home of the free, point blank. Agree or disagree, theres a world that isn't fit for everyone.

Sep 13, 2016, 1:01 PM

Well said I feel the same way

Sep 13, 2016, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country" ]

You are correct in the you have the right to express your mind. However if your opinion happens to on company time or directly reflects badly on the company, you get fired. This applies to every business, college, organization in this country. Players get disciplined all the time for actions off the field that aren't criminal in nature, why? Reflects negatively on the university.

Sep 13, 2016, 1:22 PM

I see what ur saying and I can agree. But for Colin's sake, his employer doesn't mind his action at all. 49ers are with him publicly, they may cut him at the end of the year but the organization view is that you have the right and they don't think he's being disrespectful.

that's right, colin has the same rights as anyone to voice

Sep 13, 2016, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country" ]

their opinion, in this country, and i have the same right to consider him a spoiled, overpaid professional athlete who needs to remember how he got to where he is and realize that this country that he is showing so much disrespect for is the only place in the world he can do all of that.

Re: that's right, colin has the same rights as anyone to voice

Sep 13, 2016, 1:22 PM

So brave! Thank you for taking a stand!

Sep 13, 2016, 1:25 PM [ in reply to that's right, colin has the same rights as anyone to voice ]

He could go to Canada tho if times got rough! I wonder who overpays him tho??

Sep 13, 2016, 1:26 PM

I love this idea. People who complain about one aspect of the country or another should just leave.

This is well thought out. How did you come up with it?

Sep 13, 2016, 1:31 PM

I responded to another post bud lol...Go Tigers

Sep 13, 2016, 2:23 PM [ in reply to that's right, colin has the same rights as anyone to voice ]

My only disagreement is that he is overpaid. He gets paid to what the market will pay him. It's fair. He has (had) the talent and that's how it works.

For an example of overpaid, look to the lady who led the Wells Fargo division which just defrauded thousands of customers. She is getting a $120 million golden parachute to retire in disgrace. That is a closed system where a select few look after each other and compensation has no realation to the actual value provided.

If it wasn't the land of the free

Sep 13, 2016, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country" ]

Kaepernick would face more than public backlash.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it wasn't the land of the free

Sep 13, 2016, 1:57 PM

If its free, why any blacklash at all, if it was free...no one would care. You sound schooled in the area of backlashing. What r u suggestion?

I don't think you understand the concept of free speech

Sep 13, 2016, 2:07 PM

It doesn't just apply to those you like and agree with,

Kaepernick has the right to protest the way he wants. And I have the right to think he's a misguided fool for doing what he's doing. I have the right to make that as public as I like.

If you think Freedom of speech means that people can't be criticized then you are behaving in a similar fashion to Kaepernick. Confused.

I think a huge problem with the BLM movement is that it doesn't care about equality. It basically is going after special treatment.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think you understand the concept of free speech

Sep 13, 2016, 2:29 PM

I understand well what freedom of speech is.. Colin does too, and he'll continue to kneel. Bash him, its ur right!

You're confusing free with 'free from consequences.'***

Sep 13, 2016, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: If it wasn't the land of the free ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're confusing free with 'free from consequences.'***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:47 AM

So are u, and colin doesn't care about the consequences. Your quick to state consequences, he has the right to do what he wants...get over it!

Sep 14, 2016, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: If it wasn't the land of the free ]

So by your reasoning the land of the free would be the land of no laws.
When you protest it is your right but I don't think your right to protest should infringe on other people's rights. So the thugs who stop traffic or participate in riots do not have the right to do that .
Collin has the right to not stand for the anthem and I have the right to tell him he is wrong for doing it and that what he says he is protesting does not even exist. He is protesting the country that gives freedom to everyone yet he joined a religion that opresses everyone! Go figure!

Sep 14, 2016, 6:44 AM

How was my reasoning towards having no laws??? The anthem has been around for how long? Wasn't the athhem the same back when Dr. king was seeking justice and change? So was it the land of free then? Lol...This country has only advanced in technology and a few laws, ppl havent changed much tho. Your thoughts?

WOW! Could you link where you read that "most vets do not

Sep 13, 2016, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney: "I hate to see what is going on with our country" ]

care or mind his action"? Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WOW! Could you link where you read that "most vets do not

Sep 14, 2016, 6:49 AM

Google is strong my friend, have at it. Now, you guys enjoy ur day!!! Last but not least...GoTigers!

Sep 13, 2016, 2:10 PM

It is infuriating when people do not behave the way I expect them to.

people who do not salute our flag needed to be ushered off to the ministry of truth for re-programming.

We need a term for open-ended, straw-man sarcasm.***

Sep 13, 2016, 2:14 PM

Re: We need a term for open-ended, straw-man sarcasm.***

Sep 13, 2016, 2:27 PM

What is the term for for people who choose to get offended by things that have no effect on them?

Everyone, including people who are bothered by it.***

Sep 13, 2016, 3:11 PM

Don't we call them liberals?***

Sep 14, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: We need a term for open-ended, straw-man sarcasm.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2016, 2:35 PM

I am not sure what it is, but Dabo has a higher calling than football coach. So refreshing to hear someone talk about the issues that we have in such simple but straight language.

SAVE AMERICA! TRUMP 2016!

Sep 13, 2016, 4:19 PM

Hillary for Hospice

Trumps Idol is PUTIN!! A former KGB Dictator!! Good Lord

Sep 13, 2016, 5:33 PM

People. Trumps holdings are $650 million in debt. Mexico will NEVER pay for a freakin wall like Trump says they will. Trump wants to stop trade with foreign countries. Well there goes BMW!

Sep 14, 2016, 8:18 AM

i really hate to say it, but that was well said by Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic