Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
okay, this one I just have to mention
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 768

okay, this one I just have to mention

Aug 30, 2016, 11:39 PM

Somehow I came across this gem, debating Perry Orth or Brandon McIlwain, by our Gamecock-affiliate SBnation writer "Cockaboose."

It starts with the following pearl:

This aint no let's take-a-selfie-at-the-game kind of conference. It's the SEC. Gamecocks travel to Nashville to play a good Vanderbilt team. Coach Muschamp looks to turnaround the Gamecocks this year. The big question is who will be the starting quarterback?

Delve further, if you must. It's right here. It doesn't get a lot more illuminating, nor the command of the English language - or grasp on reality - much more incisive, though I do admire the way he sort of duct-taped the words "turn and around" together and verbified them up, Socrates-of-the-trailer-park style.
http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/2016/8/29/11756964/perry-orth-or-brandon-mcilwain-who-starts-the-vandy-game

By the way, if the ACC gets two teams into the playoffs this year, one of us wins the national title, and we become ESPN's darlings because we just signed a sweet new deal with them too and now we're suddenly worth pimping, I'm still going to viciously mock any ACC shill that starts spewing such drek as well. Some stuff just makes you facepalm too hard.

Also by the way, this guy's sitting here debating: walk-on or true freshman? (Or maybe the other true freshman?) Which in football terms is a bit like debating whether you'd like to be shot between the eyes with a .45 or harpooned with a whaling gun. You're kind of hosed either way.

Oh, and yeah, their former coach - who is now back at his beloved alma mater, Florida - just came out as a Clemson fan today.

This does not feel like a rivalry. One is supposed to despise one's rivals, not want to call a mass Intervention for them.

How do things go so wrong, so fast down there? Because they always do. A small ray of hope, a beam of sunshine, a promise of a new day...and then, bam, Ben's pitchfork slams down yet again and condemns a whole new generation of Gamecock fans to an Eternity of Sadness. Or madness. Or badness. Or...whatever, you get the idea. But it's Heap Big Ju-Ju, whatever, and it's well and truly come again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the results, as always, reflect the leadership....

Aug 30, 2016, 11:49 PM

people need to get off their azzes before November and

take a hard look around this country.

I'd say the good ol' US of A

ain't doing much better than the Coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your last paragraph speaks to me because this is the way

Aug 31, 2016, 12:20 AM

I have always remembered this rivalry. Laughable. It's good it is back to that nowadays. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 768
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic