Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all should watch 11.22.63
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Y'all should watch 11.22.63

Aug 28, 2016, 9:17 PM

If you're interested in television shows about history. Starts a little slow but it stars James Franco as a time traveler sent back to '63 to prevent Lee Harvey Oswald from killing JFK. It really captures the early sixties well, and if you like period pieces this would be a good mini series for you

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y'all should watch 11.22.63

Aug 28, 2016, 9:21 PM

I have read the book and watched the show, both are fantastic! The book is better as always, and the show is slightly different but it was required to effectively tell the story. One of my favorite mini series I have seen and they really hit the nail on the head with the early sixties setting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 9:46 PM

I agree ... book was better ... expanding the role of Bill Turcotte so extensively didn't work in my opinion. Bill's character became a distration and an irritant to me. They also rushed through the story to the extent that it never became a big deal in the TV version that every time you went back & forth through the time portal, the whole thing re-set. To me that was one of the primary issues in the book.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 10:23 AM

I thought that brought great depth to the book. Meaning you HAD to get it right the first time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 9:23 PM

Yup...very good series...

did he happen to see who

Aug 28, 2016, 9:29 PM

was on that grassy knoll???

did he happen to see who

Aug 28, 2016, 9:29 PM

was on that grassy knoll???

Re: did he happen to see who

Aug 28, 2016, 9:32 PM

not sure I'm starting the last episode! But nice name btw, I actually thought I was unique in picking mine?? Lol

Aug 28, 2016, 9:36 PM

I just finished the book a few weeks ago. I knew a show was coming. What station does it play on?

Aug 28, 2016, 9:40 PM

not sure what channel but this is how I watch it > http://watch-series.to/serie/11_22_63

It was on "Hulu" when I watched it.***

Aug 28, 2016, 9:47 PM

The book was so much better ...

Aug 28, 2016, 9:43 PM

... I enjoyed the mini-series and I know Stephen King himself had a hand in a lot of the changes from the book, but I didn't particularly like some of the things they did to alter the story. Honestly, I'm not a huge James Franco fan either.

Of course, the book is mammoth (around 850 pages!) so I guess some concessions had to be made for the sake of length, but I didn't understand the purpose of changing the role of Bill Turcotte so radically. He was an important, but relatively minor character in the book.

All in all ... Great book! ... pretty good mini-series.

I lived it

Aug 28, 2016, 11:39 PM

I was playing cards in the room on F-2 when it came on the radio. I may watch some to see how it matches my memory. What was the big shock was when Ruby killed Oswald. That really brought the conspiracy theories out.

Re: I lived it, too. (earlier age)

Aug 29, 2016, 1:08 AM

I can not believe how much I remember about this, and I was 3rd grade at that time. They made an anouncement on the school intercom, saying he had been killed, and released everyone to go home. I walked home and turned on the TV.. I watched everything I could about it. Looking back, I was drawn to the whole scenario, and the analysis, and theories of what happened. BUT, I watched the evening news with my parents almost every night, for as long as I can remember.

That's one that stayed with me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I lived it, too. (earlier age)

Aug 29, 2016, 10:52 AM

I, too, was in 3rd grade. Another teacher came into our room, (no intercoms) saying he had been shot, and to pray for him. They did not let us out early, as I remember. But, by the time school was out, we knew he had died. (No instant communication back then, phone calls from homes to teachers, no televisions allowed in school!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was on the road down to Columbia for the CU/SCar game when

Aug 29, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to I lived it ]

the news was broadcast. We heard about it when we got to the hotel. The game was postponed. Clemson won the game on that later date, but the thrill (along with a large portion of the crowd) was absent for the most part.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic