Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Altering our campus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,511

Altering our campus

Aug 28, 2016, 12:55 AM

have not been on campus for 3 weeks but hearing most if not all trees on both sides of Littlejohn have been cut down. Hope this isn't true. Any God Country regs reporting?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good kweshun

Aug 28, 2016, 12:57 AM

Not sure :(

they are clearing out the valley that has trees between LJ & Esso Club

Aug 28, 2016, 12:57 AM

that's on the road. Don't know why but it's pretty much empty.

Re: they are clearing out the valley that has trees between LJ & Esso Club

Aug 28, 2016, 1:25 AM

that's what I heard, trees between LJ and Esso pretty much gone. Hope some are left.
there is a charm to Clemson. all the construction, esp, to the downtown area makes me a lil nervous

not sure if they're gonna pave it for parking or what

Aug 28, 2016, 3:11 AM

but yeah, kinda wish they wouldn't clear out everything but that was my only guess.

Re: they are clearing out the valley that has trees between LJ & Esso Club

Aug 28, 2016, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Re: they are clearing out the valley that has trees between LJ & Esso Club ]

I think I heard Dan R say in his interview that they were making that area a park. Then he said once it was done there would be some parking available there for game days.

I drove through Clemson a month ago and was shocked at how different it looked. When going to games, I am typically along perimeter road and seldom get to the downtown area. It looked like a whole new place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pass by campus frequently

Aug 28, 2016, 1:03 AM

I haven't noticed the trees. If some were cut down, it doesn't look noticeably different. What does look different is Main Street with the huge apartment building. Completely changed the feel of downtown Clemson.

Re: Altering our campus

Aug 28, 2016, 7:45 AM

I work at CU and we walk through that area all the time. Most of the trees have been removed between LJ and the Esso. Rad said it was a park that would be used for parking. Many more trees were removed from jervey meadow and along the road down to the new practice soccer field(lot 13). Trees are being removed all over campus.

Clemson has always been pretty conscientious about trees ...

Aug 28, 2016, 8:01 AM

... I believe they probably plant as many or more than they take down.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there's something in T.G.'s will about them.***

Aug 28, 2016, 8:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 28, 2016, 8:22 AM

I took my daughter to Clemson a few weeks ago to begin grad school. We had the opportunity to see a lot of the campus that we don't normally see on football weekends. Its been several years since I've seen this much of campus and was pleased with the improvements that have been made although its sad to see some of the buildings I remember as a student being replaced.

College Avenue still looks great but the high-rise apartments behind it look terrible. I'm afraid the charm is being replaced by these huge developments.

Maybe I'm just getting old but it seems that enough is enough.

Aug 28, 2016, 8:23 AM

Progress demands change , agreeable or not . I hate it too , but this is growth and expansion happenning most likely .
In Charleston they are soon to expand Maybank Highway on James and Johns Island , at the expense of several stately , hundreds of years old Live Oak trees .
This is a darn pity , but it's this himan population thing and the fact that we have to have 8 cars a household I guess ...plus , Chuckton is right popular with ferners and seems to be growing it's populace exponentially to where in a few months we are all gonna know what size drawers our neighbors wear .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

From JI to Kiawah?

Aug 28, 2016, 8:34 AM

Where will this happen? Thanks for the insight.

Too big of bldg.'s in downtown Davidson too near college ruined that cute Village

Aug 28, 2016, 9:52 AM

And same thing on road leading to Davidson College..what with a zillion large multu-storied hotels & offices & grocery stores plus couple double lane road circles.

GREEDY Developers & City Counsels with no b@lls or worse crooked with greased palms..imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,511
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic