Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigernet Stat Nerd Challenge (possibly Tiger related)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 330

Tigernet Stat Nerd Challenge (possibly Tiger related)

Aug 26, 2016, 7:13 PM

At the start of each football season I like to rummage through the football records books for cool stuff. Homerism aside, everyone knows about Oklahoma's 47 win streak, and Alabama's 11+ National Championship claim, etc. I'm looking to Tigernet nerds to unearth the most impressive college football stat ever - team or individual.

Here's my entry...Bob Neyland coached for 21 years at UTenn and won 216 games. That's kind of cool, but what really caught my attention was that 112 of his 216 wins were shutouts - more than half. That's defense Danny Ford would smile at. I mean eff Tennessee and all that, but just as a fan of college football, that's very impressive.

What cool stats does the bored have to offer? Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst offense in BCS History...DIRTPECKERS!!

Aug 26, 2016, 7:18 PM

USuCk in 1999 (Lou Hotlz first season) only managed 7.9 points per game during their 0-11 season.

The next-worst offense: 2000 Louisiana-Monroe, with 8.7 points per game in a 1-10 season.

Suck it Coots!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worst offense in BCS History...DIRTPECKERS!!

Aug 26, 2016, 7:24 PM

I do miss the time when USUCK had the worst bowl game record in CFB...I think it went to 0-6 or 0-8 all-time before their 1st triumphant Outback Bowl win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 330
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic