Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN issuing hot takes on Lochte's "white privilege"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 3,026

ESPN issuing hot takes on Lochte's "white privilege"

Aug 24, 2016, 1:13 PM

Clay Travis coolin' 'em down a bit. Not a fan of the phrase "black privilege" that he uses here, but otherwise this is solid.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-argues-ryan-lochte-is-white-privilege-fails-miserably-082416

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Common sense. He will be reviled for using it.***

Aug 24, 2016, 1:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Our country has slowly gone down

Aug 24, 2016, 1:31 PM

Hill since we became a country of rights and not responsibility.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was slow. It's picking up steam.***

Aug 24, 2016, 1:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Obama has advanced it quit aways down the track.***

Aug 24, 2016, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Our country has slowly gone down ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

got it wrong there, this country was started to give people rights***

Aug 24, 2016, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Our country has slowly gone down ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans should ignore ESPN

Aug 24, 2016, 1:55 PM

and literally tune them out. They make watching sports no-fun.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN issuing hot takes on Lochte's "white privilege"

Aug 24, 2016, 3:43 PM

I dislike ESPN as well , but this Clay Travis fellow seems to not understand what facts are , or how to substantiate things to make them factual.
His graph , for example . Where did that thing come from ? My goodness , welcome to this guy telling that guy that facts are just what he says they are .
ESPN is wrong , of course , but Mr. Travis' opinions are just that . Pretty uneven journalism on both sides .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What are you even talking about?

Aug 24, 2016, 6:34 PM

What's not factual in what he wrote?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ill tell you what a privilege is, that is getting arrested

Aug 24, 2016, 4:54 PM

for possessing drugs, a gun, and a stolen gun in the car, and having the local DA throw out the case because you have spent 7 or 8 years practicing to be a football player.

But we were all in the air conditioning during that time.***

Aug 24, 2016, 5:08 PM

There's something in these hills.

i don't know who Clay Travis works for, but he will probably

Aug 24, 2016, 4:59 PM

be fired any day now...for telling it like it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, he did some based work on the Mizzou crap last year

Aug 24, 2016, 7:36 PM

He apparently has a lot of leeway and/or Fox realizes that you can't parrot ESPNs progressive agenda if you want to compete with them.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is an article about a swimmer on a football site?...

Aug 24, 2016, 5:05 PM

So a right winger can shove his politics down people's throats and inject conspiracy theories (ESPN is being liberal because they don't push my opinion)while the subject has nothing to do with football, just because he got his feelings hurt because one writer at ESPN wrote an article he disagreed with. My God right wingers are the biggest cry babies. And to think these same people used to chide everyone for being sensitive, now there most over reactive demographic there is. Geez get a pair of cajones and stop whining like a woman

Re: Why is an article about a swimmer on a football site?...

Aug 24, 2016, 6:08 PM

I'm not sure Clay Travis is a right winger. I'm pretty moderate and I feel exactly the way he does. There's certainly a weird dynamic going on society right now where we are as publicly opinionated as we ever have been, but the only way you can criticize someone and not get totally shredded and be labeled as a racist/sexist/homophobe/etc is if you criticize a straight white male.

It's also a little ironic that you of all people are upset that someone would hijack a football website to "shove his politics down peoples' throats".

Uh, yeah you don't see me starting threads on politics on the main board...

Aug 24, 2016, 8:29 PM

I might chime in on one someone else started, but the P&R board is the only board where I start a thread on politics. So ya failed on that one. Also, I didn't state the author hijacked the website. I posed the question of how does it relate to football, since it's a swimmer being covered, and the site is a football only site. So another fail. And the author is no moderate, he shows his right wing views through out the article. So another fail on your part. Also, discussing race has nothing to do with left, right, or center; it's right or wrong. There have been racists in all those groups, even liberals. Little history lesson more Republicans voted for the 1964 civil rights bill than democrats. So while you wouldn't know it from the mainstream media, issues of race aren't about right or left it's about right or wrong and equality for. And no moderate would have made the comment about people can only not get criticized for saying something about a straight white male. Nice job in exposing yourself as a right winger. Also never stated I was upset about the article, just pointed out how absurd it was. Learn how to read.

Re: Uh, yeah you don't see me starting threads on politics on the main board...

Aug 24, 2016, 9:14 PM

At least have some self-awareness and know that you're one of the most political people on this board.

I haven't seen Outkick the Coverage before...but after looking at it for one second it's pretty clear that they cover a wide range of topics even if it's called a "College Football Blog"...it also appears to be Travis' website, so I think he's probably got autonomy over what he writes.

Does the writer show right wing views throughout the article? I really didn't notice to be honest...he did lament "the liberals" several times, but, as I said before, I'm pretty moderate and I've lamented liberals & conservatives pretty equally in my time.

I didn't say anything about the partisanship of racial discussions. I just said it's a strange dynamic in our society...though in fairness the term "white privilege" is used pretty exclusively by one side.

Expose myself as a right-winger? I commented on how I have seen lots of the media react to certain events. Do you really deny the slanted coverage of the media?

Aug 24, 2016, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Why is an article about a swimmer on a football site?... ]

Kinda sounds like you're the cry baby by your post. I'll call the waaaambulance for you.

oh the irony***

Aug 24, 2016, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Why is an article about a swimmer on a football site?... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Whining:" now app defined as disagreeing with something***

Aug 24, 2016, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Why is an article about a swimmer on a football site?... ]

Aug 24, 2016, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Why is an article about a swimmer on a football site?... ]

lol @ you of all people complaining about someone shoving politics down others throats.

The biggest race baiting liberal pos on the site is you.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Don't you see the irony of this article, the author is doing the samething he accuses...

Aug 24, 2016, 5:34 PM

ESPN of, by inserting his own right wing political views on a website that doesn't even cover swimming

how many times are you going to say that in this thread?***

Aug 24, 2016, 6:14 PM

7***

Aug 24, 2016, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take the over***

Aug 24, 2016, 11:07 PM

Re: Don't you see the irony of this article, the author is doing the samething he accuses...

Aug 24, 2016, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Don't you see the irony of this article, the author is doing the samething he accuses... ]

Doesnt cover swimming...

http://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/swimming/

Good call...

You really are a complete moron.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 24, 2016, 6:40 PM

White Privledge is a bull sh*t leftist term used to silence people that are not of color. It just means shut up because you aren't a member of a minority group. It's basically telling white who aren't racist to shut up and that they must be racist because they are white.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 24, 2016, 7:20 PM

With Stephen A** Smith and "His and Hers" on their network, ESPN has become the most bigoted and racist network on the air.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^frequents stormfront ^^^^***

Aug 24, 2016, 8:30 PM

Aug 24, 2016, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN issuing hot takes on Lochte's "white privilege" ]

And you're an idiot.

Aug 24, 2016, 8:15 PM

No not really...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 24, 2016, 7:57 PM

White people...smh.

Aug 24, 2016, 8:25 PM

I love being white... It's awesome! I'll take all the privilege I can get! Hells yea!

This is one of my favorite stand ups of all time

Aug 25, 2016, 12:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0

Replies: 33
| visibility 3,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic