Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do Steele's comments on up tempo spread offenses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,077

How do Steele's comments on up tempo spread offenses

Aug 24, 2016, 8:45 AM

strike you? I recall similar comments when he was here. Can you see BV making similar comments?

"It's not as easy as it used to be," said Steele, 57. "Playing defense...with the up-tempo and the multiplicity of the formations and the commitment to run the ball out of the spread offense and throw it effectively has gone up.... People are really good at it. It's hard on the defensive players."

The days of a defense "out-calling" an offensive coordinator, Steele remarked, are over because the game more resembles basketball with the no-huddle offenses.

"You can't huddle up every time and say 'You do this, you do that,'" Steele said. "It's a fast-paced game. It's hard. It's not an easy thing. We're not as smart as offensive coaches. It takes us a little longer to adjust, but we're getting there."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/01/kevin_steele_philosophy_and_the_comparisons_to_will_muschamp.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a bunch of excuses

Aug 24, 2016, 9:27 AM

He's basically saying, "my job is harder than yours." Get those excuses ready, he might want to come up with a few more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do Steele's comments on up tempo spread offenses

Aug 24, 2016, 9:29 AM

Well, BV is definitely as smart or smarter than most OC's. So nice try Mr. Steele.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:44 AM

I think it reinforces the genius and ahead of his time mentality of Dabo. he went out and found a DC that could handle the future of football. As stated in other articles I saw, BV saw these hunh offenses all the time.

Glad Dabi is for us and not against us.

Exactly. Steele seems annoyed by the HUNH with a

Aug 24, 2016, 10:21 AM

woe is me attitude. BV just welcomes and embraces and accepts the challenge.

Dabo knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 10:24 AM

Sounds like he's just trying to be honest.

His comments aren't entirely honest, but that's not the only

Aug 24, 2016, 10:34 AM

criteria that people and players judge his comments by.

Does it sound like something you would hear Coach Venables say? Do you wish he spoke more like that?

Re: His comments aren't entirely honest, but that's not the only

Aug 24, 2016, 10:41 AM

I hear some similar things in terms of the brutal honesty and being straight-up.

Usually Venables adds something about how there's no excuses, and you gotta find a way regardless.

Maybe Steele added that too, and we just didn't get the full quote. I'm not sure.

Aug 24, 2016, 10:24 AM

Is he wrong?

In today's game rules have allowed the offenses to gain a clear advantage over the defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Well, we sure as He!! know he

Aug 24, 2016, 11:03 AM

can't keep up with Couch Burners! So Thankful every day that Dabo pulled the trigger and booted him for BV after that debacle. (Yeah, he resigned to pursue other opportunities, right.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,077
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic