Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pace of the game, and other memories.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 546

Pace of the game, and other memories.

Aug 24, 2016, 7:48 AM

I went back and rewatched 63-17 last night. I am amazed how slow the pace of the game appeared back then, compared to our offense (and defense) now. Talent level now is noticeably on a higher plane as well. Ron Cherry and his crew officiated the game like a bunch of Keystone Kops.

Only two other things stood out. One, Tommy Bowden had that same "I don't know what the He!! is going on" look on his face that I remember. Two, there was a very young wide receivers coach running around yelling, and gesturing, and seemed to be the only one really into the flow of the game. I think his name was Dabo Swinney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pace of the game, and other memories.

Aug 24, 2016, 8:09 AM

i remember dabo being know as our best recruiter for a long time and i just knew he'd get poached for a better job somewhere... thank goodness that "somewhere" is clemson..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for Tigerray

Aug 24, 2016, 8:46 AM

even if you had another source ... chances are you didn't. I really appreciate that Youtube collection .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Totally agree on TigerRay.

Aug 24, 2016, 10:50 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 546
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic