Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair !

Aug 24, 2016, 12:25 AM

I think this female Olympic athlete is just going to "have to get over it". Her argument that just because a guy puts on a dress, even cuts off his "thing", and declares himself a "herself" does NOT make him a true womans BECAUSE even with all that, the misguided argument goes, the new "her" still has more testerone, still has mans muscles, still has a mans strength (yes, we know woman are actually overall stronger and outlive men usually) and has an overall advantage in feats of strength and speed.

Society has declared that "self identification" outweighs biology and science and common sense and that's that. ;)

http://ijr.com/2016/08/678533-runner-hints-at-injustice-after-losing-to-intersex-athlete-with-3x-testosterone-of-other-women/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=email-forward&utm_medium=owned

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair !

Aug 24, 2016, 12:29 AM

She has a sound argument. It doesn't work as well when used in a societal or cultural argument but in competition? She absolutely has a point.

Can you imagine a trained male fighter transitioning and then fighting women? Would that be okay? Hopefully never.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 6:58 AM

> She has a sound argument. It doesn't work as well
> when used in a societal or cultural argument but in
> competition? She absolutely has a point.
>
> Can you imagine a trained male fighter transitioning
> and then fighting women? Would that be okay?
> Hopefully never.

Look up Fallon fox.... first transgender MMA Fighter...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 9:41 AM

There's a reason she's only has 6 fights, the last of which being in 2014. You'll never see her in the UFC octagon, I know that.

> Look up Fallon fox.... first transgender MMA Fighter...

Aug 24, 2016, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair ! ]

I was there in Rio watching this race. The "true" females never had a chance. Very obvious who would win the race. Politically correct doesn't hide true facts.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:13 AM

"Politically correct doesn't hide true facts." If that was only true in today's crazy liberal society

Aug 24, 2016, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair ! ]

I agree 100% and frankly anyone who thinks he/she/it doesn't have an advantage, has their head up their ####!

The world has lost all common sense***

Aug 24, 2016, 5:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 5:16 AM

Yeah, because muscle density, bone density, size of type IIx muscle fibers from training as a previous man, etc, mean nothing. Theres zero coherent argument anyone can make for a transgender man competing with women. Other than a feel good, "Im a tolerant person" mindset which is really just allowing the persons delusion to continue. Im pretty tired of the left. Theyll always find a new reason to fight for

One problem with your argument. She's not transgender

Aug 24, 2016, 7:17 AM

Get off your soapbox and read the article and then tell us your new informed opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is she then, know it all ?

Aug 24, 2016, 9:16 AM

Actually the article calls he/she something else but the TigerNet Board Monitor of Public Morals auto scrambles any word with "sex" in it.

Are you a democrat and drive a Prius ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She is a natural born woman

Aug 24, 2016, 9:58 AM

I thought that was pretty clear in the article. She was born 100% woman with all the correct parts to be a woman. The runner is upset that this woman has a naturally occurring condition that increases the level of testosterone in her body. It isn't my fault that half the people responding to this article keep referring to her as a transsexual. Just pointing out facts so people can argue their positions a little more intelligently.

I wouldn't consider myself a democrat or a republican and I do not drive a Prius. While we're profiling, I bet you drive a dirty pick up truck with a "Soot Life" sticker, although odds are you don't because profiling somebody without knowing anything about him is pretty #### stupid.

Google the word they use - and maybe try being civil ? ? ?

Aug 24, 2016, 9:59 AM [ in reply to What is she then, know it all ? ]

From what I understand - she is a WOMAN - and has always been a female.

She has a naturally absurdly high level of testosterone . . . nothing she has done to make this happen.

She has had no parts cut off & has done nothing to change her sexuality.

Did you read the article & the articles linked to it to try & understand what is going on before launching your opinion & digs ?

And I'm not sure what kinda car anybody drives has any bearing (dripping sarcasm)

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Did y'all even read the article?

Aug 24, 2016, 5:40 AM

Caster Semenya is not transgender.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 6:18 AM

So the British girl who raised the issue finished 6th . Semenya (a hyperandrogenic female ) won the event , and then there were 4 other women finishing between the complainant and the winner from South Africa.
I get that she is upset that a woman (not a transgender ) with apparently a heck of a lot more testosterone than normal women won , but you also got beat by 4 "regular " girls just like yourself .
I call sour grapes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 24, 2016, 6:23 AM

Someone tweeted something similar. I think thats a weak way to approach this (no pun). ITs not about this one persons place in one race, its about setting a standard. I anticipate a sub section of 100% male or female races.... and the lib media will flip out over it.

I think I read the top 3 finishers were all extremely high

Aug 24, 2016, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair ! ]

testosterone level females - with the winner being off the charts high. ( Was in one of the articles about the required press conference with all medalists after their event)

I think I read in one of the linked articles that all 3 were forced to take testosterone reducing (anti-doping) drugs for a while until that ruling got reversed.

So - - - the lady complaining would have finished 3rd.

And those 2 ahead of her weigh less than her so they have it easier than her due to less weight to move, lower wind resistance, etc - so they should be banned as well.

Makes the complaining lady THE WINNER ! ! ! ! !

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

yeah and in basketball they need to start

Aug 25, 2016, 3:03 PM

banning people above 6'8. They have an unnatural advantage.

Aug 24, 2016, 6:28 AM

Can't agree on this one. If we can remove someone because of genetic differences, I would like to remove anyone over 6'0 tall from competition. Then I might have a chance.

null

What if you are genetically predisposed to

Aug 24, 2016, 6:35 AM

taking HGH?

Seriously have you even heard of a hyperandrogenic female? I havent....

Add a Trans-Olympics

Aug 24, 2016, 6:57 AM

Gonna have to add a Chimera Olympics too now that human/animal hybrids are legal research

Aug 24, 2016, 7:31 AM

Women's sports in general are the epitome of separate but equal.

Hopefully they eventually end that discriminatory practice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 24, 2016, 8:35 AM

Are you serious? Lol. So you think we should just have one Olympic event regardless of sex? You do realize there would be almost zero women competing in the Olympics then right?

Aug 24, 2016, 8:36 AM

Yes.

It would be a discrimination free zone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 8:45 AM

you really are an idiot.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

^^^^ understatement of the century ^^^^***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair ! ]

Yes we should create androgynous human beings with no sex organs and reproduce through cloning. It would be a true liberal utopia! You are a complete screwball, but not in the endearing sense.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:50 AM

Where did I say that?

I just said separate but equal is wrong. As confirmed by my fellow idiots on the Supreme Court according to Stanley and Biggie.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:57 AM

You're going to have to show me the supreme court decision that says separate men's and women's sorts is illegal

Aug 24, 2016, 10:03 AM

So you're saying discrimination is ok if it's separate but equal

Oh lawd.

Aug 24, 2016, 10:23 AM

So you're saying the supreme Court agrees with me? Show me where they've made it illegal.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair ! ]

You're going to have to show me the supreme court decision that says separate men's and women's sorts is illegal

Aug 24, 2016, 9:58 AM

I really don't know why I respond to you. I'm pretty sure you just think up the stupidest argument that can be made and just post that but I guess sometimes I just can't help myself

My Clemson old lady was like that. It was awesome to see

Aug 24, 2016, 10:07 AM

him get people worked up with stuff that was so bizarre it was beyond belief.

Aug 24, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair ! ]

If the Supreme Court ruled that having separate athletic teams by sex is discriminatory. Then literally every public school would be in violation of Title IX.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I didn't call anyone on the Supreme Court an idiot....

Aug 24, 2016, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Female Olympic Athlete Claims Transgender Opponents Unfair ! ]

Just you !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

She would be right! Completely unfair and disgusting.

Aug 24, 2016, 8:23 AM

Nut case liberals ruining everything, including sports.

What's wrong with a woman running in a women's race?***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:21 AM

You didn't read the article did you?

Aug 26, 2016, 2:33 PM [ in reply to She would be right! Completely unfair and disgusting. ]

The winner wasn't born a man

This isn't a Transgender athlete

Aug 24, 2016, 9:08 AM

Semenya is a female with abnormally high testosterone levels. Nothing unnatural - she was born that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say there's "nothing" unnatural about her

Aug 24, 2016, 1:42 PM

Re: I wouldn't say there's "nothing" unnatural about her

Aug 25, 2016, 8:29 AM

I will do the breast I can to say she does not look like a girl in anyway. I can see how to much testosterone would be an advantage to the females in muscle development. They ban people all the time for "doping" in some fashion if something is out of the norm. Stick to the limits and ban those who don't qualify.

She's not your typical female by any stretch

Aug 25, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't say there's "nothing" unnatural about her ]

but she is "natural" in that this is the way the Creator made her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 9:11 AM

Haha, the world is so screwed

Aug 24, 2016, 9:25 AM

Maybe it's the 8th grader in me but didn't anyone else notice her last name is oddly close to "##### in ya"?

I would have to agree with her that it was unfair to let

Aug 24, 2016, 1:30 PM

that woman in the race, but not because she is "transgender", article clearly says she is not. But, if male athletes can get banned for even the slightest above normal test for testosterone, which could be a sign of doping, how can this woman be allowed to compete with KNOWN super high levels, naturally occurring or not?

It is definitely a competitive advantage for her, any way you look at it.

If its naturally occurring so what?***

Aug 25, 2016, 6:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In an athletic competition it absolutely is unfair.***

Aug 24, 2016, 1:37 PM

This thread is proof that most on this board

Aug 25, 2016, 9:07 AM

are illiterate morons or useless trolls. I'll be glad when we can get back to football. Spot the #### ball, already!

no doubt***

Aug 25, 2016, 6:46 PM

Aug 25, 2016, 9:42 AM

I'm in the "this is sour grapes" category. If this woman had shown up, smoked a cigarette, eaten doughnuts, and drank a beer while the others were warming up, then won, the English girl might have a case. But this woman, no matter what her level of testosterone worked every bit as hard to get herself in shape as any of those other girls who lost to win an Olympic race. Get over it girl, she and the others were simply better than you. Accept the loss with grace and move on.

Aug 25, 2016, 10:26 AM

She wasn't better because she trained harder. She was better because she has the testosterone levels of a man.

What's the point of having a women's event if you don't limit the event to women?

Aug 25, 2016, 4:21 PM

Seems to me that the winner was born female, just like the four other runners who beat the young lady complaining. What is her excuse for losing to the other four?

Aug 25, 2016, 6:08 PM

She is doing the complaining for them...

Aug 26, 2016, 8:23 AM

So they are all unable to speak for themselves? Interesting that all of them are mute on the subject. Maybe they just accepted that they were beaten and let it go.

Aug 25, 2016, 4:31 PM

Shocking Ohwiseone wouldn't know the difference between transgender and hyperandrogenous.

You always have been a moron.

Has a point, but wouldn't make a difference concerning her because she finished sixth...

Aug 25, 2016, 5:02 PM

Now if she finished second it would be more understandable for her to bring this up. So even if Semenya wasn't competing this girl still wouldn't have medaled. So she needs to step her game up before bringing that up.

Also, keep in mind that that Semenya didn't have a sex change, she was born a hermaphrodite. So this case doesn't involve someone who was actually a male at one point.

Re: Has a point, but wouldn't make a difference concerning her because she finished sixth...

Aug 25, 2016, 5:09 PM

No , she was not born a hermaphrodite, she has a condition where she has a highly elevated level of testosterone comparatively to other women .

Not a dude , not half a dude ...never was a dude .

DB23

which is what I stated that she was never a male***

Aug 25, 2016, 5:55 PM

two versions of it, looked at the old one***

Aug 25, 2016, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Has a point, but wouldn't make a difference concerning her because she finished sixth... ]

Re: Has a point, but wouldn't make a difference concerning her because she finished sixth...

Aug 26, 2016, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Has a point, but wouldn't make a difference concerning her because she finished sixth... ]

Shocking TK79 too doesnt know what he is talking about.

If a man cuts off his "thing" to compete against women then

Aug 25, 2016, 7:40 PM

the Olympics need to have more categories than men or women. Maybe Eunuchs?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If a man cuts off his "thing" to compete against women then

Aug 26, 2016, 11:52 AM

That isnt what happened here.

This thread is full of stupid. She's not transgender.***

Aug 26, 2016, 2:27 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive