Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1982 #11 Clemson at #18 Maryland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,408

1982 #11 Clemson at #18 Maryland

Jul 29, 2016, 6:40 PM

Didn't see this one on Tiger ray's TY page. Maybe it's there ,just not in his pre 1990 playlist. Good game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEwBsqRjaPU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is the game that the Fridge

Jul 29, 2016, 7:23 PM

Ate that MD rb when he tried to go up the middle.

I'll despise Maryland till the day I die. I hate everything about

Jul 29, 2016, 7:31 PM

what they were and who they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

And teh enxt week it was business as usual with a

Jul 29, 2016, 9:55 PM

24-6 yawner against South Carolina.

A few observations from this Maryland clip.

1. It sure was nice to hear the crowd noise and bands as opposed to cutting in and out with the network playing the latest pop song they've decided to use for every game the entire season (looking at you ESPN). Need to get back to the crowd noise and shots.

2. It was nice to hear a play-by-play man that was all business and a color analyst that only talked when he was actually pointing out something useful. Much better than having to listen to a former ABC's Bachelor (Palmer) and three other SEC homers in the booth chit-chatting about everything from old frat stories to their latest nickname for different teams, where they ate, where they stayed, whether they liked what each other is wearing, etc.....

3. Not sure why it took so long to figure out it was much better to have the clock on the screen for the whole game. I remember those days and whether watching on tv or listening on radio, I'd have to try and estimate how much time was left in the game. OF course I went to a lot of games, but road games you had to do this.

I was a soph when this Maryland game was played. It was on the road, so my roommate and I went down to his family's home in Columbia just to get away. I remember watching that game in their house and pacing the floor back and forth for the last half. He had a sister that was about 16 and she was just amazed that someone could get that nervous about a game. I think she was entertained just watching me.

No, I'm not drinking, but maybe I need one.***

Jul 29, 2016, 9:56 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,408
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic