Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Down TIme question? Don't jump me for bringing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,125

Down TIme question? Don't jump me for bringing

Jul 28, 2016, 6:39 PM

this up, but, should we lose Scott, Elliot, or Venerables in the next year or two, what do you think Dabo will do replacement wise? Daptula thinks Hobby would be the best Venerables replacement. I think if we lose either Scott or Elliot Dabo would promote the other to Head Offensive Coordinator.

Now, here's the "don't jump me for bringing this up" question. If we lose Dabo to Bama, which I honestly do not see happening, do you think we would hire from outside, or promote internally?

I would be shocked if Dabo left us for Bama, but most of my Bama buddies are convinced it's a lock.

Think about it. The only "lure" is that's where he went to school there and "Mama called" as Bear said when he left Texas A&M for Alabama. Then again, when Ga Tech was an annual power in the 1960's with Bobby Dodd as their coach, Frank Broyles ( a former Tech player) was a very successful coach at Arkansas (they were in the old Southwestern Conference at the time) was continuously rumored to be Dodd's replacement. His classic quote was, "I have no desire to replace a legend, I would be interested in replacing the guy that replaced the legend."

Bottom line...Dabo is set financially for life. His kids consider Clemson their hometown, and Dabo preaches the Clemson family atmosphere.

Sorry this is so long, but, Dabo going to Bama would surprise me as much as the NY Times endorsing Trump.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Down TIme question? Don't jump me for bringing

Jul 28, 2016, 7:06 PM

We don't have an Elliot or Venerables on the coaching staff.

Hth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^this is a reasonable point.***

Jul 28, 2016, 7:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some won't welcome your logic here but

Jul 28, 2016, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Down TIme question? Don't jump me for bringing ]

I'm going all in on this one, +1.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,125
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic