Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Orlando Newspaper thinks ACC's potential is as good as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,948

Orlando Newspaper thinks ACC's potential is as good as

Jul 27, 2016, 2:29 AM

SEC.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-acc-network-notre-dame-espn-fsu-clemson-sec-20160725-story.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orlando Newspaper thinks ACC's potential is as good as

Jul 27, 2016, 5:14 AM

Rabble Rabble ...... rabble rabble rabble ..... rabble .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I don't know that this is rabble,

Jul 27, 2016, 7:53 AM

If you go back to the 1980's with the current teams the ACC would be considered ridiculously difficult. Clemson, Miami, FSU, Pitt, BC, VT, UNC, ND, GT were all hanging around the top 10 in football at one point or another. All the ACC ever needed was a couple teams to step up, we were one of them. For years our fans wanted to blame the conference for not having marquee football teams......the problem wasn't the ACC, as much as it was us. We were supposed to be one of the marquee football teams and we weren't delivering. This conference is going to get more difficult....look at the coaching hires.

Quite frankly where television is concerned the Atlantic Coast is where it is at, just look at the population. The SEC doesn't have that...they have strong rivalries and great marketing. Those of you still being sold on the SEC by your mouth breathing friends need to think for yourselves. Make no mistake ESPN is fully behind the ACC now as well.

Jul 27, 2016, 9:40 AM

If we do succeed in getting ACC to join, the next move would be to grab Penn State away from the Big 10. They've never been comfortable or happy there, and while their brand is presently as down and as tarnished as I've ever seen it, Penn State is and remains a program that puts 100K butts in seats and is one of the truly big dogs of college football. They could badly use a fresh start in a fresh conference and the ACC at that point, I think, would be vastly more attractive to them than the Big 10.

I'd also divide up into North and South, instead of just these random divisions, which would give you:

North - Notre Dame, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Louisville, Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt
South - Clemson, FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech, UNC, NC State, Wake, Duke

Makes a lot more sense to me, anyhow.

Jul 27, 2016, 9:41 AM

Sorry, that should read, "if we DO succeed in getting Notre Dame to join the ACC".

Always proofread, and with adequate caffeine. My bad.

Jul 27, 2016, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Orlando Newspaper thinks ACC's potential is as good as ]

Love it but would putting the two Florida schools in the same division be a sticking point for schools in the other division that want to play regularly in Florida for recruiting purposes? Or would they just shut up, take their pile of money and try to schedule some OOC games in the citrus state?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,948
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic