Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier didn't try recruiting former Clemson target
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,783

Spurrier didn't try recruiting former Clemson target

Jul 26, 2016, 5:29 PM

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/758028476242857984/photo/1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's amazing. The kid was a blue chipper if there ever was

Jul 26, 2016, 5:32 PM

one. Head Ball Sack, asleep at the wheel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well of course not. It was #millertime***

Jul 26, 2016, 5:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Spurrier didn't try recruiting former Clemson target

Jul 26, 2016, 5:37 PM

Similar to how they lost out on Nyles Pinckney.

Nyles' high school coach is a huge Gamecock fan who was pushing him pretty hard to Carolina. During an unofficial, Spurrier kept calling him the wrong name. That pretty much blew any chance they had of landing him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This I need to know...

Jul 26, 2016, 5:52 PM

What did spurlid call him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my guess would be

Jul 26, 2016, 9:39 PM

miles lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my guess would be

Jul 27, 2016, 11:23 PM

You would be correct.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier basically double screwed the #####. Instead of

Jul 26, 2016, 6:28 PM

stepping down, he stayed, selling it as kind of a favor to USC. Lost some recruits if I remember correctly b/c of the unsure nature of the leadership. I'm not even convinced, and this post confirms, he was all that motivated to recruit at that point anyway. Then, the offer to stay ended up being the second slap in the face b/c he left midseason anyways, hurting another cycle of recruiting. This to me set them back two years of recruiting. Muschump will take them down to the next level. I stand by this prediction until I'm just flat out wrong. But, I think this year they suck, they get a little bounce next year and his third year they plateau at the 5-7 win point and b/c of nature of the beast they've signed him on for a longer contract and goes south from there. I truly believe 5 years from today will be the darkest moment in USC football. I know that's very specific. Will look forward to seeing if I'm right . . .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think just by pure work ethic they will be

Jul 26, 2016, 6:46 PM

better of recruiting. Muschump will work hard recruiting and so will his staff. They will get some good players and some players we want. They will get better. They wont be very good next year (they are small on defense) but in two years I see an 8-9 win team, unless GA,Fla,TN sweep then it will be tuff with us, and A&M on the schedule

Go Steelers !

Jul 26, 2016, 6:59 PM

Have to disagree . I think Muscoot's a decent recruiter and defensive coach , but his new territory is about 25% of his former three ...on every concievable level .
He couldn't even win at UF , how is he supposed to do so down in Coot Town ? Short answer is he won't.
I bet he wins 4 this year , 4 or 5 in 2017 and then maybe 6 or 7 in 2018 and is let go .
They will be woeful the next 2 seasons . No bowls , no banner wins ...that kind of bad .

In my opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They will benefit some from our regional and national

Jul 26, 2016, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Spurrier basically double screwed the #####. Instead of ]

recruiting success and smaller annual recruiting turnover. I can see them in the 5-8 win range over the coming decade, except for this year of course, where they barely have FBS level talent throughout the positions.

I give #BoomBus 5 years then they'll revert back to the legends past their prime route. I can see Jim Harbaugh needing a job around then, and maybe Bob Stoops also if he doesn't knock out a natty soon. Considering we've ended Stoops' last two seasons walking off the field with the W, I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting more shots in as a Gamecock coach in his twilight years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2016, 6:30 PM

They should have put McMillan's phone number underneath his stool . That's where he'd usually be found .

#grabhimToddy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 26, 2016, 8:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuAWzcvk3n8

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,783
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic