Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how good will the new 28 be?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

how good will the new 28 be?

Jul 25, 2016, 9:59 PM

I know he is fast but he is so smooth in his highlights that he doesn't look CJ fast. He has great strength and good moves. He probably is better out of the backfield than CJ but do we think he can be as explosive running the ball. He doesn't look to hit the hole as hard but I know he will improve under our coaches. I sure hope he can be his own man while being close to as good as CJ. I cannot wait to see how he turns out. I know Choice will want that job in 17

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO it will come down to...

Jul 25, 2016, 10:10 PM

whether or not Feaster takes it seriously. Spiller said it best... With that number comes alot of responsibility. Feaster has all the tools to be physically successful on the football field but Can he live up to that number and what it means OFF the field. Spiller has been one of Clemson's greatest ambassadors OFF the field. Those are some big shoes to fill my man, Good luck Mr. Feaster! Go Tigers!

CJ didn't hit the hole until his Jr year.

Jul 25, 2016, 10:12 PM

He dance around his first 2 years. Once he learned to take 4 yards at times, he became a great back. That said he still was pretty good his first 2 years.

Agreed I actually think Andre was a better pure back than CJ

Jul 25, 2016, 10:20 PM

But number 28 brought so much more to the table with returns and publicity to the Clemson brand. CJ has that persona... These things you cannot measure.

Re: CJ didn't hit the hole until his Jr year.

Jul 25, 2016, 10:45 PM [ in reply to CJ didn't hit the hole until his Jr year. ]

Didn't CJ have 938 yards rushing, 210 yards in the air, and 12 touchdowns as a freshman? That's an average of 7.3 yards per carry and 11.1 yards per catch. Dude was a monster out of the womb, no?

Re: CJ didn't hit the hole until his Jr year.

Jul 26, 2016, 12:30 AM [ in reply to CJ didn't hit the hole until his Jr year. ]

Glad you brought that up. For two years he teased us with his abilities only to frustrate us with dancing. Once he decided it was okay to hit he hole he went from dangerous to lethal.

on film what stands out is his hands

Jul 25, 2016, 10:22 PM

May find a niche early as a return man and third down guy, Choice isn't going to lie down and let Feaster have the RB job next year.

Imagine

Jul 25, 2016, 10:25 PM

CJ with the Oline we have now!
H E I S M A N
Feaster has a better field than CJ ever did.
We might see some broken records if Tavien holds up his end of the bargain!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Very good point... I had not considered. Our oline play

Jul 25, 2016, 10:29 PM

has been pretty great recently compared to previous years. Another reason to respect that 28.

Plus, our receivers were no where near what we have now.Can

Jul 25, 2016, 11:17 PM

you imagine CJ with all the open field he would have now? We any get to see what it would have been like .....

Good question. I think his shoulder surgery will take more

Jul 25, 2016, 10:46 PM

time to recover then most are thinking. It's just normal that even if he's cleared he might not feel 100% for a good while regardless of what he says, especially once he gets hit. On top of that he needs a lot more bulk for RB to take those big hits he will receive. I just don't see us knowing anything this year due to that injury. I also don't see him staying 4 years like CJ either. It used to be guys didn't leave early unless they were a guaranteed 1st rounder. Now so many just wait til after that third season and they start training for a chance at the combine or our pro day even when they have not reached their maximum potential. I don't really blame them, I mean the body will only take so many hits. I say we don't see much this year and we get 2 good seasons if he stays healthy but not on the level of CJ. CJ was a major factor for 4 straight years. We just don't see that anymore.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Good question. I think his shoulder surgery will take more

Jul 25, 2016, 11:24 PM

CJ also didn't have Gallman, Choice, Dye, and Fuller in the rotation when he arrived. And though I agree that shoulder may take a while to heal, look what he did for an entire season in both track and football with that shoulder just dangling there. Look what Feaster did without tutors, nutritionists, high-level S&C coaches, etc. And he "needs to bulk"? The boy is 6'0 205lbs of muscle that moves with 4.2 speed. Heck, he might be 210 by kickoff. That's hardly small... And 205 with his speed is just as dangerous as 225 with 4.7 speed. It's physics and his numbers don't lie.

Yes "bulk". That's what high school players do

Jul 26, 2016, 12:21 AM

That make it to Division 1 college football. That's why there are people at Clemson who get paid entirely just for the purpose of getting the players bigger and stronger. CJ bulked up. DW bulked up. Sammy bulked up. Rod Gardner bulked up. Ben Boulware bulked up. Mitch Hyatt bulked up. Gallman bulked up. Hot Rod bulked up. Ellington bulked up. Zach Brooks spent 4 years trying to bulk up.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Yes "bulk". That's what high school players do

Jul 26, 2016, 1:18 AM

Thanks for being a wiseass. In relation to the position that was being discussed, (running back), the ones you've chosen to make your point were Wayne Gallman, Roderick McDowell, Andre Ellington, and Zack Brooks.

Sticking to those:

WG - came in at 195, currently at 215
RM - came in at 175, graduated at 195
AE - came in at 175, graduated at 195
ZB - came in at 180, graduated at 195

My point was, our of those above, how many came in at 205 like Tavien Feaster is? Zero. Let me guess, you're the guy that creates the running back in Madden and pushes the slider to the right until it stops? What's your idea weight for a 6'0" speed back? Just curious. Ellington had to bulk, Sammy had to bulk, Hot Rod had to bulk, Zach tried to bulk, etc. Tavien absolutely does not need to "bulk".

Further, CJ came in at 190, he's currently playing at 202 in the NFL a decade later. Is 12lbs over 10 years considered bulking? Ben Boulware weighed 231 as a junior in high school, four years later he's "bulked" a whole 9 pounds. Mitch Hyatt weighed 295 when he arrived, Mitch Hyatt weighs 295 this morning. I don't know if you misread what I was implying, just felt like being a ####, or don't know what bulking means but Sammy Watkins coming in at a skinny 183 at receiver is a lot different than Tavien coming in at a solid 205 at running back. You know who needs to bulk? Trayvon Mullen (168), TJ Chase (167), and K'Von Wallace (172). Like I said in my last post, it wouldn't surprise me if Feaster was 210 by September 3rd. But thanks for the lesson in how division 1 football works. You'd think CJ Spiller had to gain 40lbs to find success at Clemson... Oh wait, he's playing for the Saints in 2016 just 10lbs heavier than he did in college in 2006. ????

You did a much better job of replying to this than I was

Jul 26, 2016, 7:56 AM

going to. I saw Feaster play in HS as I live in Spartanburg and my son goes to Byrnes (who plays against Spartan High). He looks bigger and faster coming out of HS than CJ did to me. Is he the complete player that CJ was in the return game, the wheel route, hitting the hole in the middle of the line? Probably not, but CJ was not all those things at first. But who knows, maybe Feaster first touch at Clemson is a return for a TD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You did a much better job of replying to this than I was

Jul 26, 2016, 9:39 AM

Thank you sir. He lost me at "CJ danced around for the first 2 years" in his first post. Look at his stats... If CJ ever (a) had the OL line we do now and/or (b) got as many touches as Wayne Train did last year; it would take an arcade game and cheat codes to best his records.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic