Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This new Fox article says Notre Dame as well as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,489

This new Fox article says Notre Dame as well as

Jul 25, 2016, 3:02 PM

ACC basketball and prime football powers like Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame road games in the ACC, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Miami, etc. could prove very lucrative for future of the ACC Network. He said his past skepticism is waning.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/notre-dame-fighting-irish-acc-network-john-swofford-072516

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He thinks there is something to the fact that Notre Dame

Jul 25, 2016, 3:17 PM

contract with NBC expires at the same time as the CFP contract in 2025. At that time, it may be a point in which the CFP says you have to be a conference champ to go to playoffs. If they do, then and only then, would Notre Dame go full ACC football. In the mean time, having the rights to five Notre Dame games every two years (2 one year and 3 the next) as well as all other Notre Dame sports is a big deal.

Even before 2025, say Notre Dame makes the playoff, while not having to win a conference championship game, and bumping the SEC or BigTen out of the playoff. Boom, you'll see a conference championship requirement very quickly. They'll call a vote of the conference commissioners before 2025 and it will be an easy vote. And yes, the ACC would for it as well.

An undefeated ND could only relpace a 2 loss conference

Jul 25, 2016, 3:26 PM

champion right now.What might happen in 2025 is the playoff gets expended to 8 teams with 5 conference champions and 3 at larges.

Otherwise, I think because of ACC Basketball, ND(Nationwide Catholics ), and a small part to ACC Baseball,this Network is gonna do better than most think it will.

Screw Notre Dame....and Rudy was offsides***

Jul 25, 2016, 4:19 PM

I fully expected a web tv service for the ACC.

Jul 25, 2016, 5:39 PM

I am delighted with the outcome of this whether or not ESPiN goes bankrupt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,489
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic