Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jamyest Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Jamyest Williams

Jul 25, 2016, 10:04 AM

Reached out to Jamyest to get a feel for the Cookout so we could do a story, and after that conversation, I just don't think we will run on. He left Clemson's cookout early so he could get to South Carolina, and he stayed in Columbia until Sunday with his dad. I have heard from more than one contact that Clemson really backed off his recruitment in the last few months, and of course, the Tigers are zeroed in on the nation's top corner in AJ Terrell (and I think Clemson might lead there) and will only take one this cycle.

I am thinking I just won't run a story.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jamyest Williams

Jul 25, 2016, 10:06 AM

COOTS MAY GET A FEW OF OUR TABLE SCRAPS. AND THEY WILL CROW LOUDLY. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wish we could take both

Jul 25, 2016, 10:06 AM

Although he's gna have a hard time with all of our 6'3"+ WRs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: wish we could take both

Jul 25, 2016, 11:24 AM

Did Mackenzie Alexander struggle with tall WRs?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jul 25, 2016, 11:26 AM

He's no Mac Alexander, let's be clear about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Honestly yes

Jul 25, 2016, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: wish we could take both ]

I think it was Darren Waller(?) At GT who had his way with Mac a few times the year before last when we were @GT

Mac was good against most receivers but excelled against the smaller, shiftier recievers like rashad Greene (FSU) and will fuller (ND)

And I'm not trying to knock Mac,

Jul 25, 2016, 11:31 AM

Its just pretty easy to see why a 6'4 220+ lb reciever has the advantage on a jump ball vs a 5'8-6' 180-190 lb corner

Re: Honestly yes

Jul 25, 2016, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Honestly yes ]

Fair enough.

It's just funny seeing people arguing that a 5'9 CB can't be successful then getting upset a 5'10 CB wasn't a first round pick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

What's TRULY funny is

Jul 25, 2016, 11:51 AM

the amount of time you spend on here.

Comical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mack was about 3 inches taller than Jamyest I believe.......***

Jul 25, 2016, 9:21 PM

truthfully, it's sadder than it is funny***

Jul 28, 2016, 1:12 AM [ in reply to What's TRULY funny is ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know why you say

Jul 25, 2016, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly yes ]

We don't think he will be successful, the majority of people on this board have been saying he's a heck of a player despite understanding that his size would put him at Disadvantage against certain receivers. Most on here would like to have him, but it would be concerning if both Clemson AND Georgia was backing off him.

Also jamyest has a long way to go to be compared to Mac.

FWIW...

Jul 25, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly yes ]

Jamyest might not be all of 5'8''....Mac is almost 5'11''

Sorry Pard, I made my post before reading all the way down

Jul 25, 2016, 9:22 PM

to yours........

Re: Honestly yes

Jul 25, 2016, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly yes ]

Williams is closer to 5'7. Not to say he can't be successful - look at Will Likely at Maryland - but it is tougher.

Are you claiming their skill sets are the same?***

Jul 25, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: wish we could take both ]

Clemson

are you comparing

Jul 25, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: wish we could take both ]

mac to a high schooler, dummy? so, when all the wr's on this team go out to catch a pass, are you suggesting that he will shut down half the field? 09, i'm telling you now, you know zero about fball

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 25, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: wish we could take both ]

DONT FRET MAN. WILLIAMS WILL BE THE NEXT REVIS. POOR OLD CLEMSON CANT HANG WITH THE RECRUITING MACHINE COACH BOOM HAS SET UP DOWN THERE. HE!! HE HAS ALREADY STOLEN PLAYERS FROM KENTUCKY CHRISTIAN AND CONN. ST. WHAT WILL THE REST OF THE SEC AND POOR OLD CLEMSON DO.

Mackensie Alexander's talent was rare

Jul 25, 2016, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: wish we could take both ]

You can't compare just any good player with him.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Mackensie Alexander's talent was rare

Jul 25, 2016, 12:51 PM

Jamyest is a little bulldog on the field but he's really small. He may be 5'8 with shoes and that's a stretch. I feel he's Ryan carter with advanced cover skills.

Re: Mackensie Alexander's talent was rare

Jul 25, 2016, 1:20 PM

That sounds like a realistic comparison.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Alexander is closer to 5'11"***

Jul 25, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: wish we could take both ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mac was closer to 5'10" not 5'8"

Jul 25, 2016, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: wish we could take both ]

JW is a baller but more than one school,several in fact have backed off because of his height.No other issues with this kid ,just not the height some coaches are looking for.

sad but not unexpected. Jamyest's height works agaisnt him

Jul 25, 2016, 10:07 AM

He's only 5'8" at best so that will put him at a disadvantage against bigger WRs in college. That being said he's a great talent and it stinks that we're willing to allow him to go to the Coots because we have higher names on our board. However, such is the fate of being an elite team and only having a few spots open every year for top tier talent. If we get Terrell then all will be for the best.

David,

Have you heard anything about OreTe Smith? I heard we're actually trailing the coots for him at the moment.

Talked to his mom

Jul 25, 2016, 10:18 AM

And she says he doesn't know where he wants to go..will have a story this afternoon. But yeah, we kind of got back into it late and Muschamp has been showing OrTre a lot of personal attention. Clemson has work to do here

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For OrTre, I think the biggest issue is playing time....

Jul 25, 2016, 10:36 AM

He's knows that Clemson has a wealth of talented young wide receivers and he'd have his work cut out for him to earn any real significant playing time early on.

At $CU, he'd likely be able to come in and start immediately.

Just one more glaring example of the talent gap between the two programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For OrTre, I think the biggest issue is playing time....

Jul 25, 2016, 11:01 AM

Remember, he's not coming here until 2017. At that point, the competition looks a lot different with Williams and Scott (and Leggett) likely gone. We've consistently shown that we'll play freshmen at WR - heck, a walk on freshman caught 2 TDs in the national championship because he proved himself. We rotate a lot of guys through and if Smith comes in and competes, he'll play.

Re: Talked to his mom

Jul 25, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Talked to his mom ]

2 THINGS IMO. IF WE TRULY WANT HIM HE WILL BE A TIGER. IF HE IS WORRIED ABOUT COMPETITION HE WILL BE A COOT AND WE DONT REALLY NEED HIM. IMO HE IS VERY GOOD AND WOULD FIT IN AND PLAY A LOT HERE.

Re: Talked to his mom

Jul 25, 2016, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Talked to his mom ]

Thanks but I don't think this one is gonna go our way. We'll be ok . I wish we had stayed on him because he's clearly a matchup nightmare. Go Tigers!

Jul 25, 2016, 10:08 AM

Both UGA and Clemson backed off.

Read into that what you will.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 25, 2016, 10:17 AM

He's a good player and our success like it or not is helping the other instate scool get some very good players. We need to go continue our success. Didn't like the sound of Otre Smith's mom in kornblut's article I think he will go to usc.Fortunately, new recruits will emerge and recruiting is a pace not a race.

Re: I wouldn't necessarily say that.....

Jul 25, 2016, 11:14 AM

Think about this......basically the coots' pitch to recruits is the following: "We suck and you can come in and play from Day 1....you will have no competition in front of you, or behind you for that matter. That's assuming we can get the ball to you, because we don't have a proven QB. What's more, I (Muschamp) suck as a head coach. I've proven it with 4-5 star talent in Florida...just wait and see how badly I do with 2-3 star talent here in SCAR."

Here's what I think: When the coots finish with 3W's, look for people to back off (i.e., Mark Fields) and look elsewhere. Assuming there's room, I would think OrTre is oversign worthy.

Screw Calford.

Once they #suckitup again this season,

Jul 25, 2016, 1:26 PM

those recruits at the top of their commit list that Clemson and UGA had to back of just because their classes were filling up, will go elsewhere like Auburn,NCS,UNCheat and Tennessee.

Jul 25, 2016, 10:20 AM

It's anyone's guess with some of these young men, especially when it's 30% crystal ball prediction between 3 schools. Could literally be a gametime decision last minute. We will be better will him and fine without him.

Clemson and UGa have both backed-off Jamyest Williams....

Jul 25, 2016, 10:28 AM

so $CU will likely get him by default.

dead horse

Jul 25, 2016, 4:04 PM

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but don't we currently have some DBs who are 5'8"-5'9" on scholarship?

coming up with excuses as to why we wouldn't want Jamyest Williams is 100% due to the fact scholarship numbers are tight, especially in the secondary

I feel the same...we'd be happy to have

Jul 25, 2016, 4:20 PM

Williams but numbers are tight. For whatever reason, our coaches feel like Terrell is a better fit. I hate the coots get to reap the benefit of our tight numbers but Williams is no scrub.

Not any that will be put on an island.........***

Jul 25, 2016, 9:24 PM [ in reply to dead horse ]

then why were they put on scholarship?****

Jul 26, 2016, 12:47 PM

Re: then why were they put on scholarship?****

Jul 26, 2016, 12:52 PM

??????????

Re: then why were they put on scholarship?****

Jul 28, 2016, 1:21 AM [ in reply to then why were they put on scholarship?**** ]

Probably not a conversation that needs to happen yet again.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic