Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The "Recruiting Machine"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

The "Recruiting Machine"

Jul 24, 2016, 10:29 AM
bustchamp.jpg(84.2 K)

Apparently, not all coots are as impressed with Muscoot and the recruiting job he is doing. This is a clip from my FB feed and the comment is from a die hard chicken fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offer list

Jul 24, 2016, 10:34 AM

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Zay-Brown-79131/RecruitInterests

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

passed up Louisville for UofSuck? Must want to play Big Boy Football in the

Jul 24, 2016, 10:46 AM

SEC. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Check the right column don't UofL offered.

Jul 24, 2016, 10:49 AM

ah.***

Jul 24, 2016, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Muschamp's a pro at finding these under the weather recruits***

Jul 24, 2016, 3:43 PM

This kid did not have a committable offer from Louisville***

Jul 24, 2016, 7:29 PM [ in reply to passed up Louisville for UofSuck? Must want to play Big Boy Football in the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Already bumped to 3* lol

Jul 24, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Offer list ]

W

The Scout SEC Commmitment bump moved him up

Jul 24, 2016, 11:25 AM

Re: The "Recruiting Machine"

Jul 24, 2016, 10:36 AM

With proper attorneys, with appropriate steroids the coach believes 2 stars can become 5 stars in 18 months. Grass hopper.

muschump does have the best recruiting line in the nation-

Jul 24, 2016, 11:09 AM

"You'll be the best player on the team!"

And it will be true for a while. Right up to the point where the crap "coaching" happening in 5 points makes them as bad as the rest of the chickens.

Jul 24, 2016, 11:14 AM

Remember signing day?? Lol. We had journalists reporting live from a purple & orange war room, the entire team & staff in attendance, jubilant & fully-involved, checking names off the white board as the news came in one-by-one... And then, you see ESPN cut to South Carolina and it's Muschamp sitting alone in his office, disheveled, playing Tetris on his flip phone.

That said it ALL for me. Still cracks me up.

Jul 24, 2016, 7:35 PM

LoL .

Tetris on a flip phone .
Good one , CUYankee !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 24, 2016, 8:33 PM

I've been trying to find a picture of it all day to no avail!

It's fun to hear them crow about their rankings

Jul 24, 2016, 11:24 AM

which is 23 on 24/7. But they don't realize it's a formula based on stars and volume. They have 1 4* player in the 2017 class and 16 3* or less. Talent makes a difference and one team's 4* and 5* players are going to beat their 4 and 3 and 2* players.

boom

Go Tigers!

Recruiting won't matter. Boom had classes ranked

Jul 24, 2016, 11:42 AM

13, 3, 4, and 8 during his 4 years at UF. That led to losses to Vandy and Georgia Southern, back-to-back losing seasons in the SEC (the first time since the 1950s), a 28-21 record, and his firing. He sucked out loud with literally some of the best talent in the country.

This is gonna be great!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Recruiting won't matter. Boom had classes ranked

Jul 24, 2016, 2:32 PM

I know right. Did they not see him on the sidelines at Florida and the total meltdown in the Alabama-Auburn game last year? Can't wait to see him when Vanda goes up by 14.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe they were 2,11, and 3 the three years before he

Jul 24, 2016, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Recruiting won't matter. Boom had classes ranked ]

took over. He was loaded with talent when he took the job. In addition, UGA and Tennessee were down....and he lost to the Coots 4 times. Yet, he is THEIR man now!

Re: Recruiting won't matter. Boom had classes ranked

Jul 24, 2016, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Recruiting won't matter. Boom had classes ranked ]

that's because he could not get the right players for his system, 2 stars with asterisks next to their names.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he learned from his mistakes so now

Jul 24, 2016, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Recruiting won't matter. Boom had classes ranked ]

he knows how to coach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he learned from his mistakes so now

Jul 24, 2016, 8:25 PM

His first mistake was ever thinking he could be a good head coach at all .

Like the old soda commercial ....Never had it , Never Will .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 24, 2016, 8:56 PM

Once again I don't see the need to post a high school kids picture on here that maybe wasn't good enough to play for another school. Make fun of South Carolina but not the kid. It's pathetic if you ask me.

Jul 24, 2016, 9:49 PM

I certainly see your point. My intentions were NOT to make fun of the kid, but rather those coots that think their recruiting is going great. I have modified the photo.

Jul 25, 2016, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: The "Recruiting Machine" ]

I agree. And, remember we had to build our teams off those level "stars" for several years to put ourselves in position to turn the corner. I would rather have a coachable 3 star kid with potential talent than a 4 star "look at me" type all day long.

All that being said, Dabo and staff for the most part do a tremendous job of picking the kids they want on a character first basis, differentiating them from other "stars" of similarly equal talent. To me, that is their real triumph in recruiting, because those types of kids will be recruiters for Clemson their whole lives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2016, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: The "Recruiting Machine" ]
archie.jpg(21.1 K)

DB23

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic