Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bring this to the top , for Taterdug..............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,438

Bring this to the top , for Taterdug..............

Jul 23, 2016, 9:51 PM

A funny story that a seasoned sailor will appreciate. One of my friends who bought a house on the coast called me last week and said," Hey Spud, I met a young man today who is sailing his grandfather's 20 foot wooden sailboat to the Bahamas". I said, " From Charleston?". He said, " Yep, he said he is going to keep close to the shoreline and then when he gets to the end of Florida, he will just scoot across to the Bahamas". I said," Does he a depth finder and navigation system?". He said," The young man said once he gets to Florida, he will use the GPS on his phone to run across to the Bahamas". I said, " No way! What happens if he drops his phone in the water? Heck, he will probably get killed by pirates! What is the waves jump to 8 feet with 6 second intervals? That kids grandfather is a fool for letting him do that!". I said, " Where did you meet this idiot?". He said," I was on the water and I saw that he had run aground on a sandbar and 3 other men and myself spent an hour trying to help him get off the sandbar to no avail?". I said," HE RAN IT AGROUND BEFORE HE LEFT CHARLESTON?!! Dude, that boy is going to get killed!!!!" Well, that was the end of the story....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until yesterday...when my friend called back. He said," Hey

Jul 23, 2016, 9:53 PM

Spud, you remember the kid I told you was sailing a 20' wooden sailboat to the Bahamas with a cell phone for navigation?". I said," Yes, is he dead?". He said," No! The fact is, he STOLE that boat from the local marina!!" I said,busting my gut laughing," He whaaaaatt?". Buddy said," Yep, sonuvabich stole it and me and three grown men spent an hour trying to help him get it off a sandbar! But, I don't feel too bad about it, cause the local police gave him a ride back off the island so he could catch a cab back to his grandfather's house"......we laughed our selves to death for about 10 good minutes.....

So, one more day down. Spot that ball............

Sounds like the guy in Texas with Nebraska coming ....

Jul 23, 2016, 10:12 PM

to town. That would have fit into his weekend.

Re: Bring this to the top , for Taterdug..............

Jul 24, 2016, 12:51 AM

Spud , the advice we should give the kid if he is serious is take every precaution , sailing requires planning to exact execution . If going solo , make sure you pack a knife and some rum .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL! I thought you had just read the first post and not the

Jul 24, 2016, 7:52 AM

2nd until I got to the part about the knife and rum.....Then I realized that you knew that my friend had been Barney Fifed! I told him it could have been worse. If I had been there, I would have made the kid some deviled egg sandwiches and a vinegar pie for the trip.........

Did someONE mention RUM?!

Jul 24, 2016, 10:46 AM

I'm a Sailor & must have become acquainted with that delightful & tasty concoction when in the Navy or on the high seas.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,438
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic