Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AAC Future with losses to B12, who joins?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,751

AAC Future with losses to B12, who joins?

Jul 23, 2016, 9:01 PM

Chad Morris may be among football coaches wondering who their teams will be playing by 2019. The AAC loses Cincy, Houston and Memphis so who takes their places? My thoughts are mixed having considered some possible options.

To fill the void in the East the AAC simply moves Navy from the West division, but that leaves three open slots. Who do you think fills them? My choices might surprise posters but remember academics enter into this type of decision. First easy answer for Houston loss is Rice University; second for Memphis is Western Kentucky, Wichita State or perhaps Southern Miss or La. Tech. Lots of options here. Replacing Cincy could mean looking west toward UTEP, Air Force or perhaps Colorado State. While SMU plays N. Texas I do not see them wanting recruiting overlap.

Another team specifically from east of the Miss. would be Marshall, but travel costs could kill that move. Wichita State is actively looking at relocation (BB) related and resurrecting football so do not count them out of the picture.

My three revised West division teams would be Rice, Wichita St. and Colorado St. to enlarge AAC footprint and my alternate would be W. Kentucky. Comments welcomed. Chad Morris has a chance to really build his program in the long term.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Southern Miss for sure, I think Marshall

Jul 23, 2016, 9:41 PM

as well. Travel costs are no more than Cincy. After that, in order I'd go Charlotte, Georgia St, and Middle Tennessee, all in or around major media markets

CBS view...

Jul 24, 2016, 3:21 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-12-expansion-ranking-the-candidates-why-texas-probably-changed-its-mind/

Re: CBS view...

Jul 24, 2016, 8:37 AM

My post pertains to who takes the place of past AAC members whether they be UConn? Cincy, Tulane? or Memphis. I do not see the B12 taking UConn or Tulane, however stranger things have happened! The question posed was who takes their place in the AAC?

Go Tigers!

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,751
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic