Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best team in College Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Best team in College Football

Jul 23, 2016, 10:04 AM

Just replied to a post about who they thought would the the top 4, including a complete top 25 list at the end of the season. Was interested to hear who y'all think is the best team in the land now/at the end of the season? I can make a case for a couple teams, including my bias towards Clemson, but there's more parity than usual at the top of all the preseason/projected postseason polls that I've seen. Here's my quick thoughts on it:
I could write 10 pages on why the Tigers should be ranked #1, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Deshaun Watson and a defensive front 7 that's going to surprise everybody.
Bama: But I don't see them retooling and being as good as they were last year on both sides of the ball, causing a slip up in a difficult schedule late in the season (at LSU, Mississippi State, Auburn team with nothing to lose).

LSU: Gets Alabama at home after a bye and Fournette is a beast. Defense is always good enough to keep them competitive with everyone and the QB position is finally not the biggest question mark on the field. I genuinely hate Deaf Valley/Les Miles but I have to respect the team he's put together this year.

Michigan always manages to blow it as of recently, but they have more talent this year than any year prior and the Harbaugh era is off and running on the recruiting trail and exciting the fan base. Love or hate him, he's completely changed the future of that program for the better.

Staying in the big 10, Ohio State has to replace everybody and their mother on both sides of the ball, but you gotta respect an Urban Meyer team with a lot of talent. Win over Oklahoma early in the season will provide dividends late if they happen to lose to Michigan St on the road late.

Oklahoma (just hear me out): can have a case made for them, it's weak in my opinion but it's still a case. They're the only team I see coming out of the Big 12 having a shot at the playoff. Ohio State will give them an early loss but Bama proved last year an early loss can be overcome, especially if you pass the eye test of putting 50+ points on defenses that don't have a pulse (sorry Big 12 fans).
No Pac 12 schools made this list because everybody beat everybody last year, but I think Stanford, Oregon, and a USC team with a question mark at QB will be solid this year (over/under at 10 wins for all of them).

Let me know what you think

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic