Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Special Teams - are we ready for prime time?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,009

Special Teams - are we ready for prime time?

Jul 23, 2016, 9:22 AM

I am so exited about this season and will be at the Auburn game. Is there any sense that our special teams will be better this year? Do we have a new special teams coach or new philosophy on special teams this year. For a program that claims "best" is the standard, we have been very subpar in this area. Has anyone been held accountable for our horrific special teams play?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Special Teams - are we ready for prime time?

Jul 23, 2016, 11:30 AM

14 and 1. Clemson must be awful Hope we are just as bad in 2016

Jul 23, 2016, 11:45 AM

This is a sore subject with Dabo and staff. Pretty sure they will work extra hard on correcting the weaknesses. A change in personnel, a change in strategy, maybe a kicker with a stronger leg. Dabo said he'd fix it, we will see. He has fixed everything else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2016, 6:54 PM

I would have liked them to bring in a new young, but experienced, special teams guy to breath new life into the special teams that have been horrendous. Far far too many special team screw-ups last season.

I saw a video of Saban who basically said he was "licking his chops" with the kick return alignment that Clemson employed that lost us the NCAA championship. I think Saban was even surprised with that set up after showing it on film so many times. In my mind, it was special teams play that cost us the national championship! Best is the standard!.....so let's be the best special teams group in the country!

Jul 23, 2016, 11:56 AM

From what I've read/heard, Pearman is still the ST coach. Also read that Dabo and the staff have been learning from other coaches about kickoff/ST strategies. Huegel will most likely still be the leg on kickoffs, we will see if he picked up any distance this off season to send it a couple yards deeper.

Jul 23, 2016, 12:23 PM

When you say you're " so exited " .
Is that like your across the street and ordering ice cream before the rest of us even realized you'd left ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Worry about ECU / winning 3 games

Jul 23, 2016, 12:27 PM

We'll worry about specifics

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic