Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In retrospect, any doubts why Beverly Nkemdiche
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,912

In retrospect, any doubts why Beverly Nkemdiche

Jul 19, 2016, 6:45 PM

laid down the law that Robert would NOT be attendig Clemson but WOULD be going to Ole Miss?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In retrospect, any doubts why Beverly Nkemdiche

Jul 19, 2016, 6:55 PM

momma nkemdiChe is A Smart motHer.

I think it really was about having some family with Denzel

Jul 19, 2016, 7:02 PM

She was going to have him go where his brother was, wherever that was. And now it makes more sense, because Denzel clearly needed something.

Re: I think it really was about having some family with Denzel

Jul 19, 2016, 7:07 PM

Yep, Ole Miss had the big check.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2016, 8:07 PM

Because Ole Miss gave his father a job at the medical center, so he could get the hours he needed to practice medicine in US?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ this

Jul 19, 2016, 9:42 PM

Drs educated at foreign medical schools must do a residency at a medical school to get licensed in the US. It is very competitive and one wonders how much preference dad may have received over others....

Re: ^^ this

Jul 19, 2016, 10:06 PM

wasn't he already working at Grady while Robert was in HS....sure glad fellow Grayson alum Waynetrain Gallman picked Clemson regardless of the Nkemdiche brothers choice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^ this

Jul 19, 2016, 10:51 PM

You may be right but I thought I heard he was doing research at Grady but not licensed to practice. If he wasn't licensed I don't think he could get that at Grady since it's not a medical school.
While doing a little more research I ran across the following article. Apparently the man that hired Dad at UMiss medical son was walk-on QB at Ole Miss.
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/robert-nkemdiche-nations-top-recruit-riles-up-mississippi-legislature-010413

interesting...the article discusses how hiring a recruit's

Jul 19, 2016, 11:02 PM

father would be a recruiting violation...and yet, thats exactly what usuck did when they hired Alshon Jeffries father to work for the usuck athletic dept. while Alshon was still a recruit.

Only the incredibly naive would believe that Sunday Nkemdiche hadn't been assured of a better job prior to his application for said job.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: In retrospect, any doubts why Beverly Nkemdiche ]

If there was financial restitution going to the Nkemdiche family from Ole Miss or its boosters, I think it would probably have been far more involved with his mother's political aspirations in Nigeria, rather than his dad getting a job at a local hospital. By sending money offshore, far larger sums would have been able to be transferred without the US government's knowledge--let alone the NCAA's. In return, Ole Miss would get a program-changing recruit, which would help push them from an inconsequential program to a program with a place at the table.

Despite all the clouds hanging around them, they've continued to recruit very well since that "magical" recruiting class in 2013, and they're projected to be around the Top 10 this coming year. Even if they are chastised by the rest of the country for now, if they're able to avoid major punishments and continue on a quiet but solid trajectory, all of this will have paid off.

It's sad, but true.

Robert going to Ole Miss was best his family

Jul 20, 2016, 12:48 AM

Financially and best for Clemson so we avoided a buffoon in the locker room. He was never missed @ Clemson.

Completely agree. However would be nice to see Ole Miss get their

Jul 20, 2016, 12:51 AM

Just punishment. There is way too much smoke coming out of there.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,912
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic