Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Littlejohn court gets paint job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,716

BKB Update: Littlejohn court gets paint job

Jul 2, 2016, 11:17 AM

Littlejohn court gets paint job

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$63.5 million renovation? Only cost $8 million to build it

Jul 2, 2016, 12:07 PM

in the late 60s. They should give it a
cooler name like Big John or Brad's Pad.
With the $60 something million football
operations center, Clemson is throwing
a lot of money around; wish they'd throw
some in my bank account.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's not forget about the $31 Million Renovation in '03

Jul 2, 2016, 12:19 PM

I expected that expenditure to put Littlejohn in good shape for a long time, but not so.

These are 2 totally different renos

Jul 3, 2016, 3:55 PM

That one had a few nice additions for fans like fixing the baseline seating so you could actually see the whole court, scoreboard with video, and additional concessions. For the actual team they added the "annex" which only ma finally improved practice facilities, and they added a nicer but still way behind locker room and players facility.

The major part of that reno was the roof and building facility upgrades that had to be done for the building to survive.

This renovation is all inclusive like it should be with the 1 MAJOR improvement being for the team. The fans will have some nice additions but the facility for players, coaches and team functionality is what was needed most. I'm glad they're getting that right. Bigger practice facilities, training room, and player facilities to attract the best.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These are 2 totally different renos

Jul 4, 2016, 12:08 AM

Agreed. Recruits aren't lured by fan amenities. Recruits want to see where they'll be if they go to school at Clemson. And that's in the brand new practice facility and player areas.

Re: $63.5 million renovation? Only cost $8 million to build it

Jul 2, 2016, 1:46 PM [ in reply to $63.5 million renovation? Only cost $8 million to build it ]

should be 1000 seats around the court for students!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2016, 2:01 PM

I agree. You really can't compare it to Duke with all the students they have right near the court.

Jul 2, 2016, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: $63.5 million renovation? Only cost $8 million to build it ]

Why? So they can be empty all season?

They wouldn't be empty, because...

Jul 2, 2016, 3:58 PM

we will start to have better teams where students want to attend. LJ is rockin when we have solid teams.

Agree*****

Jul 2, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: $63.5 million renovation? Only cost $8 million to build it ]

I read that the courtside area for students will be not be

Jul 2, 2016, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: $63.5 million renovation? Only cost $8 million to build it ]

individual seat but bleachers, so that the group of students occupying that area will appear to be more than the officially designated seating.

Sort of like The Hill at football games.

Honestly, the area of Duke students that you see on TV isn't really all that large. It just happens to be in direct line with the TV cameras and it's on risers so the kids are standing packed together.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

definitely bleachers

Jul 5, 2016, 11:56 AM

they are already installed

and the end line student section(s) will be bleachers as well

good photos by Joe Simon

https://twitter.com/JoeSimonCU/status/746705608397758464

Re: BKB Update: Littlejohn court gets paint job

Jul 2, 2016, 6:33 PM

Just wondering if we got a good deal. Bon Secours in Greenville cost 91 million in 2016 dollars. A much bigger and more professional arena. Just wondering.

Jul 2, 2016, 10:48 PM

We don't need a bigger arena. And Littlejohn will look plenty professional post-renovation I believe.

Jul 4, 2016, 11:16 AM

This cannot help but make us a more desireable place for recruits who have that high on their list of importance. I just hope we pick up and start winning in BB, and this can only help. We'll argue the money then. Right now, I think we need something to get us back in the game. This should do that. Now on to the Jimmys and Joes.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic