Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker Boudreaux (ND OL) in the hospital
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,774

Parker Boudreaux (ND OL) in the hospital

Jun 27, 2016, 5:18 PM

Sorry if Germans. Himself and some teammates kinda made it sound like its very serious on twitter but this article downplays it as just meningitis. I don't know how severe but I hope he gets healed. To me, he sorta acted like a drama queen during his recruitment with all fingers pointed at himself and all his offers but I hope he has a successful career at ND and beyond.

Link: https://slapthesign.com/2016/06/27/freshman-parker-boudreaux-hospitalized/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't read article but depends on kind of meningitis.

Jun 27, 2016, 5:22 PM

If I remember correctly, bacterial is bad and potentially fatal. Viral is no where near as severe and fairly self limiting.

Re: Didn't read article but depends on kind of meningitis.

Jun 27, 2016, 5:24 PM

They refer to that in the article and say they hear he has the viral kind, not bacterial.

Re: Didn't read article but depends on kind of meningitis.

Jun 27, 2016, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Didn't read article but depends on kind of meningitis. ]

They refer to that in the article and say they hear he has the viral kind, not bacterial.

Re: Parker Boudreaux (ND OL) in the hospital

Jun 27, 2016, 5:43 PM

I had viral meningitis in my late 20's and it was no fun. It can infect the brain lining and cause extreme pressure build up in your head to the point you are ready to end it all. I had a spinal tap done to relieve the pressure and did not feel the needle. It took me a year to get my strength back. I developed migraines a 1 1/2 afterwards that took three years to get over. My prayers go out to the young man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he stub his toe pulling another bus?

Jun 27, 2016, 6:05 PM

I kid I kid. Hope all is well with this young man

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 9:32 PM

Best wishes and prayers to Parker. Tough time but he's a strong kid and will pull through.

Jun 27, 2016, 10:09 PM

Meningitis is scary. Bacterial can be fatal, but my mom had Viral Meningitis when I was a kid and I'd never seen anything like it. She could barely move and was bed ridden in a hospital bed for over a week. Scary stuff, especially a kid his size, he could drop like 15-20 lbs from something like that. I pray that he recovers fully.

Jun 27, 2016, 10:16 PM

When I was younger, I was playing video games with a buddy when he suddenly slumped over with his head almost in my lap. Three months later he came out of the coma.

Meningitis.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,774
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic