Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fridge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,882

Fridge

Jun 27, 2016, 1:18 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-refrigerator%e2%80%99s-stubborn-spiral/ar-AAhFTYM?li=BBnba9I Such a sad situation. I remember a night in TTT getting pushed into the big guy around closing time, bouncing off of his large but muscular gut. The gentle giant patted me on the head and smiled at me with that big , gap -toothed grin, apologizing for "getting in my way". I hope he finds some peace and happiness in his life.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fridge

Jun 27, 2016, 1:57 PM

That is such a sad story. Made me a little tearful. I just pray he gets the help he needs before it costs him his life. He's always been such a likable and lovable person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah not good. That doesn't sound like it will get better.****

Jun 27, 2016, 2:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sort Of The Same Thing Happened To Me With Chester McGlockton

Jun 27, 2016, 2:28 PM

I was at a party at some apartment complex not too far from The Armory up there and not too far from downtown Clemson. Anyway the place was packed ....I throught I saw an attractive girl I knew in the dark and I was walking backwards trying to figure out who she was. I came to an immediate stop and bounce. I looked up and it was Chester looking down at me from the side of his enormous frame and said " My bad little man ".
I thought I was gonna be in serious trouble at first that night.......HA HA!!

So sad.

Jun 27, 2016, 2:46 PM

Wish him nothing but the best. But I'd bet there are a bunch of similar stories out there among ex-NFLers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 27, 2016, 3:08 PM

Hated it last season...heck, might have been the year before....they were going to announce the Fridge was in attendance at a game...Just prior to the announcement, something happened...they might have shown Spiller on the screen and the place went crazy...no one heard the announcement or saw him in the golf cart in the West endzone...The man didn't get the recognition he deserved

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 3:17 PM

I was at that game sitting in the lower deck , just up from where he was . It was great seein the Fridge again , but he obviously has many challenges in his life , both physically and mentally.
I hope he crosses these hurdles somehow .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 27, 2016, 3:09 PM

What wonderful thrills he gave to Tiger fans back when!
Now this is someone in need of a lot of prayer.

Jun 27, 2016, 4:22 PM

Im afraid prayer will not solve this problem. ONLY the Fridge can change this situation, and he is not going to do it. Sad but its his life

Undoubtedly you don't know the power of prayer.***

Jun 27, 2016, 10:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol.******

Jun 28, 2016, 11:40 AM

It's a wonder he's still alive with how long he's been in

Jun 27, 2016, 6:48 PM

really, really poor health. It's a #### shame though.

Didn't Michael Dean cut a 6-figure check to Clemson a couple of years ago? I find it hard to believe he's taking advantage of the situation.

I always remember the play at the beginning of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yt2yAzjUK8

Re: It's a wonder he's still alive with how long he's been in

Jun 27, 2016, 9:35 PM

Michael Dean is part of the solution here, not part of the problem.

I was lucky enough to see William play. He was a freak of nature. Usually bigger than anyone on the field, he was amazingly quick and athletic for a man his size. He was a great player. I wish him the best and I honor his memory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The writer of the article is putting a lot of BS in it...

Jun 27, 2016, 10:24 PM

and insensitivity too. Alcoholism is a disease, and not something that is overcome by being less stubborn. Also, let's not forget that years getting banged up in the NFL has played a role along with being overweight and being an alcoholic. The writer of the article obviously has no understanding of substance abuse. Addiction to drugs and alcohol means your body has a need for alcohol or drugs to be in the blood stream. So yeah you can say it's wrong for someone to put themselves in a situation to be an addict, but addiction is powerful once a person is hooked. It's not something easily overcame.

I can tell you for a fact that Michael Dean in no way shape of form is doing anything wrong. I have talked to a former Clemson player from the mid 80's a few times over the past few years (who is still stays involved with the football program) and one time I asked him how The Fridge was doing. He told me Michael Dean and his sister had him moved up to the Charlotte area, once there he did improve and had stopped drinking. But The Fridge decided to move back to Aiken against the will of Michael Dean and his sister. The former Clemson player told me he got back to drinking once he moved back to Aiken. Michael Dean and his sister couldn't do anything about the decision William made. The writer is making it look like family members are contributing to the problem which is completely false. He has family members who have tried their hardest to get him away from the alcohol. In life you can't always force a person to do something to better themselves.

I hope The Fridge stops drinking to get better for the years he has left on this earth. He will always be my favorite athlete.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,882
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic