Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SIAP - youngest team in the nation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,565

SIAP - youngest team in the nation

Jun 25, 2016, 9:51 AM

This year.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2016/JUNE16/DBJune24.html

Another reason to get even more giddy if we can make it back to the CFP this year with all the young bucks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SIAP - youngest team in the nation

Jun 25, 2016, 10:41 AM

Wow
Mind blown

Had no clue we would be so green

Seems like we have enough talent to overcome our lack of snaps/player

Here's hoping

Jun 25, 2016, 11:06 AM

Woah, Nelly! Had no idea we were that young compared to others on a national level. We've got a bunch of talent so that makes up for a lot. I still feel confident, of course I'm ignorant.

Thanks for that... I sorta expected we'd be one of the

Jun 25, 2016, 12:21 PM

youngest, but had no way of compiling it on other teams. Steele's formula seems reasonable and his data base is fairly perpetual.... It's only going to get better and our biggest concern is the undergraduates declaring early. That's a nice problem to have. Thanks for the link....+1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2016, 3:22 PM

It is very hard to keep your most experienced snap count players when they are leaving for the NFL as college Jrs. At the talent level Dabo and staff are recruiting at, red shirting just throws away a season of using their talent. The best thing that could happen for college FB and the fans who prefer college FB over the NFL, would be to stop Jrs from entering the NFL. By the 2nd or 3d year after Jrs were off limits to the NFL, college FB would start looking like a Jr NFL league with the now more talented than ever younger players with another year of experience still playing in college, and not the NFL!!! When Jrs leave early, it weakens college FB, and if it's a lot of Jrs leaving the same team early, it can cripple that team for 1 or 2 straight seasons trying to replace all that young talent. Either stop Jrs from leaving early, or raise the scholarship numbers from 85 to 110 scholarship players on a roster every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2016, 3:36 PM

That would be great, but I think seeing it happen is a pipe dream. The good news is that all elite programs are more or less equally affected, so I don't see any competitive advantage for anyone.

Jun 25, 2016, 3:27 PM

Truely fascinating! Thanks for posting. I just get more and more amazed with this team and our coaching g staff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Note that most of the top teams are closer to the bottom of

Jun 25, 2016, 9:54 PM

the list, because those are the teams with players talented enough to leave early.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Note that most of the top teams are closer to the bottom of

Jun 25, 2016, 10:21 PM

Yep. There are four teams in the 'youngest seven' that stand out for sure.

This should be front page material.... TMail Bmeist.***

Jun 26, 2016, 6:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This should be front page material.... TMail Bmeist.***

Jun 26, 2016, 10:20 AM

Done.

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,565
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic