Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors?

May 31, 2016, 8:42 PM

The Warriors-Cavs series has a chance to be one of the best finals in NBA history. The Cavs are fully loaded this year as Kyrie and K Love are healthy. For my money, Kyrie Irving is the one point guard in the league who has a better handle than Steph Curry. He also played very good defense on Curry in game 1 last year before he was injured for the remainder of the finals. K Love did not play in the finals last year due to injury.

LeBron James is 2-4 in NBA finals and I believe this is his 6th Consecutive NBA finals. Have to respect that even though I've never been a big LeBron fan.

Steph Curry and Klay Thompson are the 2 best shooters in the league. Draymond Green is one flagrant away from being suspended one game which could play a big part in deciding this series.

It's going to be a good one folks. If you haven't been watching the NBA... Give this series a shot. It's as high quality basketball as there is.

LeBron James gets it done this year. In 6.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see LeBron win

May 31, 2016, 8:45 PM

But the fact that the warriors came back from 3-1 against a team like OKC, they will have a lot of motivation and momentum going into the finals. I just hope it goes to a game 7. Would love to see a tight, close battle series

that was a physical series

May 31, 2016, 8:50 PM

I gotta think the warriors are a little banged up. The cavs have only lost two games the entire postseason. Granted, they haven't really played anybody near the level as OKC. I hope it goes 7 but if it does, I think the Warriors will win that one at home.

Re: that was a physical series

May 31, 2016, 10:03 PM

Hope the Warriors win, but not sure if they have the legs left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that was a physical series

Jun 1, 2016, 3:53 AM [ in reply to that was a physical series ]

The warriors are a terrible match up for the cavs. Warriors in 6. In both games they already played this season the Warriors beat them by a combined 40 points. Who is going to guard Curry on that team?

Just curious.. why the dislike for Lebron?

May 31, 2016, 8:53 PM

He always gives credit to opponents, he doesn't talk smack, he doesn't get in trouble, he plays stellar defense and is unselfish on offense. He is 2-4 in the Finals, but for at least 3 of them he was the only player on his team worth anything (last years injuries you mentioned, the first 2 Cavs teams).

I'm a passive NBA watcher, but I love the way that guy plays. Like Jordan, he only wasn't voted as MVP each year bc people want a change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

There is really not much to dislike about him

Jun 1, 2016, 2:33 AM

He has handled the fame since he was 18 with nothing but class. Never been in trouble and remains faithful to his wife.

The way he handled moving to Miami rubbed me the wrong way. To not tell an organization that drafted you, and made you the face of the franchise, a heads up before announcing live on tv he was leaving was disrespectful. However he did come back. I do believe he had his coach fired this year. Hard to justify firing a coach, who in his first year took the team to the NBA finals, and had his team in first place in their conference at the time he was fired.

Other than you having no idea the status

Jun 1, 2016, 5:28 AM

of his faithfulness to his wife, the rest of that is pretty accurate.

my point was MJ and Kobe had very public affairs

Jun 1, 2016, 8:47 AM

LeBron is never in the news for anything bad.

LeBron isn't a bad person by any stretch. He just isn't a

Jun 1, 2016, 8:54 AM [ in reply to There is really not much to dislike about him ]

particularly likeable guy. He's done a lot of little things that rub people the wrong way. He kind of anointed himself "THE KING" early on in his career, he had "The Decision" when he went to Miami, the weird unfollowing of the Cavs on social media, the ousting of his coach, the apparent mocking of new coach Tyronn Lue on the bench and so on. And then when you add in the fact that many people love to hate on the guys at the top (Curry is suddenly getting lots of hate now that he's won back to back MVPs and closing it on back to back titles), there are just a lot of people out there that don't like LeBron.

I'm not one of them though.

he whines too much, and the flopping***

Jun 3, 2016, 3:04 AM [ in reply to Just curious.. why the dislike for Lebron? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love either acts a little or he is injury prone

May 31, 2016, 8:55 PM

seems to get banged up a lot
would not be surprised to see him go down this year again
i got the warriors finishing the dream season, i'll go 6

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and banged up***

Jun 6, 2016, 3:30 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see Curry win***

May 31, 2016, 9:03 PM

warriors

May 31, 2016, 9:06 PM

In 6

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

This is going to be a great series. I'll be shocked if it is less than 6 games.

May 31, 2016, 9:14 PM

I'm cheering for the Warriors, but can see it going either way. Cleveland's run is impressive, but they play in the much weaker Eastern Conference so I'm not sure what to make of that. Golden State would have likely done the same thing in the East. These are two very talented teams with plenty of playoff experience. Should be one for the ages.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors?

May 31, 2016, 9:18 PM

Gotta go with the Cavs. If I picked against them my Mom might disown me. ??

Warriors but I actually feel kinda sorry for Cleveland fans so I may

May 31, 2016, 9:24 PM

pull for them. I just don't think this is a good match up for Cleveland. They have to sacrifice too much defense to get a good scoring lineup on the floor that can hang with the Warriors. A bit of a catch 22. Their best chance is to catch GSW cold from 3 for several games.

May 31, 2016, 9:32 PM

Last year Irving was hurt and Love was out! The Cavs have as good as deep of a team IMO. LBJ is the best player in the world! Go Cavs!

May 31, 2016, 9:32 PM

Warriors in 6. I think OKC was the best team in the playoffs and Golden State just came back to beat them down 3-1. Curry & Thompson are just too good and have a better team surrounding them.

May 31, 2016, 9:44 PM

How do they have a better team around them?

May 31, 2016, 10:19 PM

Because they have just that, a team. I think the Warriors' surrounding cast plays together as a team better than any other NBA team. Sure the Cavs have some good players around Bron and Irving but just not like Klay & Steph do in my opinion.

Jun 1, 2016, 8:49 AM

Well GS got lucky last year with Kyrie hurt and Kevin Love out. It's a new year and a much better Cavs team.

Jun 2, 2016, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors? ]

Hate to say I told you so buttttt I told you so

its game 1 dude

Jun 2, 2016, 11:19 PM

But steph and Klay haven't had anywhere close to their best game which is scary for the Cavs.

Re: its game 1 dude

Jun 2, 2016, 11:23 PM

Exactly my point. I was pointing out that what I said about Klay & Stepth's supporting cast, they are far better than Lebron & Kyrie's and it's showing tonight. If they can just get half this kind of production the rest of the series, the Warriors will win in 5 IMO. You know Klay & Steph won't have many off nights like tonight. What have you seen from the Cavs tonight to make you think this series will be competitive?

Re: its game 1 dude

Jun 2, 2016, 11:24 PM

Excuse the typos lol

This looks like GS in 5. They are just a terrible matchup for Cleveland.

Jun 2, 2016, 11:24 PM [ in reply to its game 1 dude ]

Cleveland has no 2-way players beyond Lebron. GS has a bunch.

Re: This looks like GS in 5. They are just a terrible matchup for Cleveland.

Jun 2, 2016, 11:27 PM

Yep

May 31, 2016, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors? ]

Plus Steph & Klay > Bron & Kyrie

Jun 1, 2016, 8:46 AM

Your crazy! Lebron and Kyrie are much better than Steph and Klay.

Jun 1, 2016, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors? ]

Because they do...

They won 73 games in a conference much harder than the East.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 31, 2016, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors? ]

Lebron Kyrie K Love Trevion JR Smith Mike D Shumpert

Block out Thompson and he is neutralized.

May 31, 2016, 9:54 PM

JR Smith is the definition of streak shooter and suffers on D. Shumpert? Dellevadova(?)? Not a problem...left with the Big 3. Yes, I will take the Warriors line up.

Yeah the warriors lineup is better. If you want to take the top 2 cavs (James and Kyrie)

May 31, 2016, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: NBA gurus... Cavs or Warriors? ]

the Warriors duo of Steph and klay is a little bit better and their supporting cast of green, iguodala, bogut, Barnes, ezeli, Livingston, etc is better than Love, thompson, smith, Shumpert, Delly, Frye, and Jefferson.

Way too many poor defenders on the Cavs IMO.

The cavs can win but I think they will need to get lucky and catch the warriors shooting cold multiple games.

Kyle Lowry and DeRozan were making

May 31, 2016, 10:05 PM

the Cavs defenders look stupid and while good, they aren't the Warriors guys. It can be argued Raptors injuries and missing one other big time type player (big time for the Eastern Conference) is the only reason we aren't talking a Raptors GS series.

Re: Kyle Lowry and DeRozan were making

Jun 1, 2016, 8:48 AM

The Warriors were down 3-1 to OKc but that doesn't matter huh? OKC is just so much better than Toronto because they are in the west??

Golden St. and OKC would sweep the

Jun 1, 2016, 9:34 PM

Raptors lineup that played the Cavs.I was shocked the Cavs didn't. Lebron has ruled the worst decade of Eastern Conference play I've seen in my 30 plus years of watching. It is turrible, but that isn't Lebron's fault unless he makes it a point not to leave it. He may be skeered.

Hopefully the Warriors to cap off one of

May 31, 2016, 9:43 PM

the best seasons in NBA history....I just don't see the Cavs having the D to stop them over a 7 game series but as someone else said, Draymond Green is going to have to keep his crap together. Glad they made it though because I think Cleveland woulda whupped OKC and I have no desire to see Lebron win....last year's Finals was soured because of what seemed to be some directive from the NBA brass to the announcers to keep making excuses for Lebron and lauding his performance. I remember them in the last game discussing if Lebron should get the Finals MVP. It was over the top and something tells me win or lose, this series will be all about him. Go Warriors!

being I'm from the Bay Area I've got to go with the Warriors

May 31, 2016, 9:52 PM

also I think Cleveland will propose a smaller challenge than Oklahoma City! But I have been wrong many times and this may be one

Cleveland in 7....***

May 31, 2016, 10:45 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2016, 7:46 AM

Warriors in 6.

Thompson, Curry, Green > Love, Irving, Lebron.

Warriors won 73 games in a much harder conference.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Warriors in 6. They too deep.**

Jun 2, 2016, 11:34 PM

nm

Warriors and Lebron will be crying once again***

Jun 3, 2016, 3:04 AM

I think the previous series (Warriors vs Thunder) was better

Jun 6, 2016, 3:41 PM

than this championship series will end up being.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic